Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-24-04, 07:55 PM   #13
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Epic is already working in a new game.. showed in the Nv30 Comdex video..
using Perpixell Ligting/softwshadows with very high polys , pure Dx9 game .
i use the term U3 just for that game. that they may end calling it ,in a new way ,but still the concept is the same an Fps shooter ,with Gothic style of enviroments..
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-04, 08:04 PM   #14
The Baron

oh, so they're remaking Quake?

sorry, couldn't resist.

(ps, NV40, what will you do if your namesake ends up sucking completely? change your name to NV50? )
Old 01-24-04, 08:12 PM   #15
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
oh, so they're remaking Quake?

sorry, couldn't resist.

(ps, NV40, what will you do if your namesake ends up sucking completely? change your name to NV50? )
it looks more that they are remaking Unreal1 but with the latest tech.. and i suspect with some of the gameplay of Halo and Tribes games.

btw.good idea about the name.. thanks for the Tip..

Last edited by Nv40; 01-24-04 at 08:21 PM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-04, 10:33 PM   #16
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Prime
It's just like I predicted 5 years ago, going the way of the movie industry, and all the little guys with good games and ideas get shafted by all the morAns and their POS games that all the other morAns buy because they have tits/ass/blood in them.
That's nothing! On the Greyash BBS 8 years ago I predicted that in 8 years' time (around 2004) the majority of the Internet would be feckless users who couldn't spell "a lot", had no control over their capital letters, couldn't actually type the vast majority of sense-making English language, and would defend their inferior graphics cards (or the inferior graphics cards that happened to be produced by the company that made their superior graphics cards) beyond any point of logical reason.

And (and this is PURELY a typing point) I just typed this out having been on the piss for many hours, then gone out clubbing until closing time, gotten a lift home for someone I happened to know ( teeheehee) and THEN gotten a phone call that woke me up, and dragged me halfway across town for another drunken party at some straight's house. Of course, UK types know what I'm talking about, cos this is the weekend (would've been MAD if this were a Monday night ). Um. I know I had a point at the start of that. Oh yeah! If I can type well while drunk enough to find my numpad sexy, surely you guys can type well while having the World in single-oh-vision™? Am I the only one (apart from that guy) with a Preview Reply button?
PenguinJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-04, 12:35 AM   #17
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinJim
That's nothing! On the Greyash BBS 8 years ago I predicted that in 8 years' time (around 2004) the majority of the Internet would be feckless users who couldn't spell "a lot", had no control over their capital letters, couldn't actually type the vast majority of sense-making English language, and would defend their inferior graphics cards (or the inferior graphics cards that happened to be produced by the company that made their superior graphics cards) beyond any point of logical reason.

And (and this is PURELY a typing point) I just typed this out having been on the piss for many hours, then gone out clubbing until closing time, gotten a lift home for someone I happened to know ( teeheehee) and THEN gotten a phone call that woke me up, and dragged me halfway across town for another drunken party at some straight's house. Of course, UK types know what I'm talking about, cos this is the weekend (would've been MAD if this were a Monday night ). Um. I know I had a point at the start of that. Oh yeah! If I can type well while drunk enough to find my numpad sexy, surely you guys can type well while having the World in single-oh-vision™? Am I the only one (apart from that guy) with a Preview Reply button?
OMFG, now way! That's alot of Stuff yuo wr0te their! XGI ownz!
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-04, 06:38 AM   #18
PenguinJim

Eep! Ignore that post, guys, sorry. God only knows what I say to girls when I'm drunk.

Actually, I'm kind've glad I wrote that. I was wondering why, after I got home, I suddenly ran across town to a party. Ah well, off to clean my numpad.
PenguinJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-04, 11:21 AM   #19
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN
Default another bites the dust :(

i remember playing WOT,and the last cut scene is left wide open for a sequel.i purchased,WOT,U2,and return to napali[the only one i disliked
out of the three.
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-04, 12:25 PM   #20
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

I'm still a bit pissed at Legend for screwing up the Unreal 1 add on, but they redeemed themselves with XMP. Farewell guys!
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote