Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-27-03, 07:20 PM   #25
Rob_0126
Freedom is not free

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Hey, I haven't played that far into it yet
Baron, you might want to finish the game, cause, close to the end, you find out. I personally think this games story, and plot could have been made into another Star Wars Movie, and would have been better than the clone wars (minus the scene with yoda hopping around)

And is it me, or is Carth on some kind of drug? He talk like he's on speed.

Robert
Rob_0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-03, 07:30 PM   #26
The Baron

Carth is on crystal meth.

And OHMEG. Fear my two lightsabers and life draining powah.
Old 12-29-03, 03:32 PM   #27
Rob_0126
Freedom is not free

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Carth is on crystal meth.

And OHMEG. Fear my two lightsabers and life draining powah.
Force Storm is good. I found myself constantly using that paralysys force power. Get Jolee?, to gain droid destroy, it comes in handy mighty quicklike.

Robert
Old 01-02-04, 09:14 PM   #28
muzz

heheheh funny..... GS I came onto this gaming forum to see if anyone mentioned this game, as I just finished it last night.
A bit repetitive, a bit clumsy camera/moving(changes which way is forward etc, which I hate but......)
This game played like butter on my system, 2506 mhz amd( going ez on the old girl), 9800p, 512 ddr ram
I ran 4x4, app preference/high quality and it looked pretty mint.
I NEVER had a glitch playing it on 2kP.
Great graphics as usual per the POP series....
I got URU for XMAS also, so that will go in next.
IMO the graphics in adventure games rule........ of course most folks think they are boring cuz your not going ballz to the wall killing folks....
That gets boring to me and gives me a headache..
Old 01-03-04, 12:43 AM   #29
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by muzz
heheheh funny..... GS I came onto this gaming forum to see if anyone mentioned this game, as I just finished it last night.
A bit repetitive, a bit clumsy camera/moving(changes which way is forward etc, which I hate but......)
This game played like butter on my system, 2506 mhz amd( going ez on the old girl), 9800p, 512 ddr ram
I ran 4x4, app preference/high quality and it looked pretty mint.
I NEVER had a glitch playing it on 2kP.
Great graphics as usual per the POP series....
I got URU for XMAS also, so that will go in next.
IMO the graphics in adventure games rule........ of course most folks think they are boring cuz your not going ballz to the wall killing folks....
That gets boring to me and gives me a headache..
Yeah, i was playing the game at 2x8, im more addicted to my AF than AA it bothers me more. The glitches im talking about happen when i put on the Water Effects on high, where there was water it would Shine though wall's (like most games do) but this was more violent, and the water wasent correct, it was a very Bright white fog that coudlnt be sceen though, and it would bleed though walls eg i could see water around the corner. I had to turn water effects off to get though that level where you get your first new sword.

Anyways, the Ending was GREAT, i have to say that is probly the best game i have played for 2003.

Id recomend this game to anyone who hasent tried a 'Jump and Roll' game, its great, it dose repeate it self quite a bit however, espically with the 'run on the wall'.
Old 01-03-04, 08:12 AM   #30
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

I think the Refresh Rate over-rider thing is a DX9 issue. Only seems to affect DX9 games.

Halo for one, wouldn't work for me with Rivatuner installed.
1942 secret weapons demo, wouldn't work either.

Dont need no 3rd party refresh rate over-rider with modern NV drivers anyway.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-04, 08:44 AM   #31
Rob_0126
Freedom is not free

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutty
I think the Refresh Rate over-rider thing is a DX9 issue. Only seems to affect DX9 games.

Halo for one, wouldn't work for me with Rivatuner installed.
1942 secret weapons demo, wouldn't work either.

Dont need no 3rd party refresh rate over-rider with modern NV drivers anyway.
What is with this refresh problem appearing again? I remember it way back, when I was still on Win98, and ppl were complaining about it in WinXP.

I figured they had taken care of it by now.

O well, the newer nvidia drivers allow you to set them.

Robert
Old 01-03-04, 09:45 AM   #32
The Baron

I think the newest Halo patch fixes that. Not sure, though.

Old 01-03-04, 10:09 AM   #33
digitalwanderer

I tried lots-o-things and I still can't get the game to run under XP for me.

It runs great under 98se, but not XP.

Screw it, I'm hooked on XIII again anyways.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-04, 05:00 AM   #34
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Well, finally got a chance to really put some time into Prince of Persia, and all I can say is: WOW! I'm very suprised at how good this game is. I'm usually not bit into puzzle/adventure type of games (not a big Zelda fan), but this one really suprised me. The puzzles were fun, the combat is suprisingly well done (I like the fact that you can't simply tap a single button over and over until they die), and it has a good setting, not to mention the in-game animations are quite pretty. Considering how disapointing some other games have been this year (Homeworld 2...), I was pleasently suprised to find this game to be one of the best. It seems pretty short (currently about 50% done at 3 hours), and controls without a pad are difficult to say the least (luckly my home-made Xbox adaptor is working fine), but otherwise a very solid game. Considering how bad the last Prince of Persia game was, Sands of Time turned out better then I could have ever expected.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-04, 09:10 AM   #35
Quitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Malfunction
Or... you can just type: services.msc in the Run... box and disable the Error Reporting Service by right clicking it and going into properties.

I use to love Prince of Persia on the old Mac's..lol. Suppose my kids would get just as much of a kick as I use to with it now. Suppose I will be checking it out soon myself.

Peace,

Or, as the designed of XP intends you to:

Start - Control Panel - System - Advanced - Error Reporting

Disable error reporting and choose whether or not you want to be notified of problems.
"no because you see what happened was nvidia hasn't lost any market share (100 millions users!), but ATI gained 2%. so now the market is at 102%. it's called inflation and happens because of Moore's law" - rth comments on nVidia conference
Quitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-04, 01:20 AM   #36
Fatman

Send a message via ICQ to Fatman Send a message via AIM to Fatman

Is there any way to force the game into 1280x1024 res? Highest in-game resolution i can select is 1280x960.
Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote