Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-18-02, 09:58 PM   #13
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

no hard feelings here either man
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-02, 11:05 PM   #14
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

ibGoodEnuf, I wasn't directing my post to you...I was mainly speaking to LoRD.MuAD'diB who I just deleted 2 of his posts 2min earlier...I've had no issues with you in the past, and consider you a valuable member here. You had some very valid points, our only concern is that you should have contacted him via PM, that's all, have a good one...
Old 09-18-02, 11:19 PM   #15
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
as I understand Saturn has a long history (roughly two years) of bashing people who even mention 3dMark.
I can see how you might have received this perception because of that thread and I believe I had explained myself in it (as Matthy alluded in one of his earlier posts). You, Lord Duneguy were not part of this message board before the hack and before the conversion to the vbulletin system so I think you're being unfair with that comment.

All actions that are taken on this message board are done with consideration to the whole forum membership. You all are more than welcome to start another thread to discuss with Megatron and whomever you wish about the Radeon 9700 and 3dmark. As long as you can keep a civilized conversation without remarks like this:

Quote:
You, my friend, have what we call an inferiority complex. You see someone with the ability to prove you wrong with a simple statement, and suddenly the whole world is against you. Do us all a favor and get off your soap box, put the pipe down, grab a beer, and just relax for a change. Just because you don't have the cognitive capacity to get the upmost performance out of your machine, doesn't mean that the rest of us are cheating for understanding and embracing such a daunting concept as overclocking. Get a grip man. If I can break 10k with a Radeon 8500, and your only getting 11.7 with a 9700, there's something seriously wrong with either you or your rig (or both).
Then we won't have a problem. But should stuff like this happen, it (and you) will be dealt with in the appropriate manner. Like many of life's decisions, it's your choice, but be prepared to deal with the consequences of your actions.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-02, 01:15 PM   #16
LoRD.MuAD'diB
Kwisatz Haderach

First off, let's not let this thread turn into some mods vs. the people kind of thing, as JuiceZ has pointed out can happen so easily. Everyone here has remained civil so far, and I also thank you all for that. I hope that when all is said and done, none of you harbor any hard feelings towards me either.

And now for the much anticipated, fun part... (remind me to flame myself later for making fun of me)

Saturn. As I stated in my PM to you a week ago, a friend turned me on to this site and this forum. He's a long time friend, who has been a member of this forum for several years. Your right, I wasn't a member before the hack or the BB system change. But he was. And it just so happens that he was berated about two years ago by you when he posted his 3dMark score and asked how it compared to other people here. If what happened a week ago had been an isolated incident, I'd have thought little or nothing about it. Especially after you explained that you were having a rough week and appologized. But it is something that's ongoing, at least by my understanding.

As for the thread you closed, first let me say I'm honored that so many mods feel the need to quote me. I think Mat saw it for what it was, a post that was made in jest. Similar to how friends good talk to each other. There's a difference between attacking someone and poking fun. Honestly, looking back at the post I still don't see anything wrong with it, but I do see how people who are set in the flame first, think later mentality would have missed the point. I don't blame you for closing the thread. But I didn't really appreciate the response I got to my (rather long) PM. That's why I decided to do things in threads, I feel that this is something that all the mods should have a say in. It's just too difficult to bring in different opinions in personal messages, and I feel it stands to be resolved better, with less bad blood, this way.

And for christ's sake, it's LoRD.MuAD'diB.. copy and paste people. A great man once said, "Use the instrument panel Luke, it's what it's there for". Of course I don't spell out any of your handles in their entirety, so my less than easily pronouncable name is fair game. ; )

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3823775
LoRD.MuAD'diB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-02, 02:23 PM   #17
saturnotaku

Quote:
Originally posted by LoRD.MuAD'diB
But it is something that's ongoing, at least by my understanding.
[soapbox]I believe I've pointed out previously that before this site was attacked and the forums wiped out that I couldn't even begin to count the number of threads that were posted in the video card, driver (and now current) benchmarking forums that related to 3dmark scores. I'll say again, it was unfair of me to come down on someone else for it, but I had simply become sick and tired of people asking about 3dmark. I know this will sound self-serving but I think I had expressed how a whole lot of people feel about that particular program. I'm of the opinion that it's useful for testing overclocking and stressing a video card subsystem, but the score is meaningless, especially since there are so many cheaters nowadays.[/soapbox]

Okay, I'm glad that's out of my system. I'm not going to talk about it any more.

Quote:
I hope that when all is said and done, none of you harbor any hard feelings towards me either.
We all appreciate the rational discourse that is taking place here. To be honest, when I read that Matthy had removed two of your posts, I was going to have the mods put you on our watch list. But since things seem to be working out well, this is not going to be necessary. I hope this matter has been resolved to everyone's satisfaction and we can continue in our dominance over Rage3D.

Peace.
Old 09-19-02, 03:50 PM   #18
LoRD.MuAD'diB
Kwisatz Haderach

Tell ya what. Since the newest guy who just signed up (what was his name again) and wants to know how his 3dmark score stacks up to the others here can't help the 18 million people before him who posted the same thing.. and since emotions are impossible to express to everybody (especially the type of people who visit message boards), let me propose this sort of compromise. I'll watch what I post, and avoid posting anything that can be taken the wrong way, if you avoid yelling at people about 3dmark. That way neither of us inadvertently makes a new user feel unwelcomed here.

As for the two posts, one of them was my bad. The other one was more of a misunderstanding than anything. Matthyahuw and I have talked in PMs, and are both cool with what happened (I think). He still hasn't really answered me wether he thought my joke was funny or not though.

Umm.. I think that's it. Sorry got sidetracked. That happens when a very attractive office manager walks up and starts talking about tanning lines and her decision on whether or not to where certain articles of clothing (or none at all) when she tans. Very distracting. But trust me, it's well worth the visual.

Anyway if any other mods, or -=Gib-McFragger=- have any issues, let me know and I'll address them. As I hope you can see I'm not afraid to defend myself with actual working logic, nor am I afraid to back down when I'm wrong.

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3823775
LoRD.MuAD'diB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-02, 04:24 PM   #19
saturnotaku

Quote:
Originally posted by LoRD.MuAD'diB
I'll watch what I post, and avoid posting anything that can be taken the wrong way, if you avoid yelling at people about 3dmark. That way neither of us inadvertently makes a new user feel unwelcomed here.
Done and done.

/offers handshake to LoRD.MuAD'diB
Old 09-19-02, 05:45 PM   #20
sbp

Default Re: Dear Juice,

hmm I thought this might be the nV News.net version of an advice column.

"Dear Juice,

Some people left all this beer behind after a party. http://home.earthlink.net/~sbp777/pics/beerBooz2.jpg
What should be done with it?

signed,

Mr. Anonymous Beerdrinker"

Last edited by sbp; 09-19-02 at 05:50 PM.
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-02, 09:54 PM   #21
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Thumbs up

WHOA!
Old 10-13-02, 04:26 AM   #22
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

I'm on the mods side

It's sad that threads can turn up into members vs mods. We are a community on these forums and when you click the agree button you are under those rules. That rules govern what you can/can't do. If you don't like them then do not click the "agree" button.

Quote:
Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
ibGoodEnuf I apologize for closing your thread and I understand and respect the point yer trying to make but the last time a thread like that was started, it ended up being a "Members vs Mods" and I didn't want that to happen again.

As for the particulars on the issue between you and sat, the other mods are a lot more knowledgable about it than I, so I'll just sit back and watch for now.