Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-04, 09:50 PM   #13
Bana

Send a message via AIM to Bana

There are ways you can go about keeping your partition although they are kinda iffy, here http://www.experts-exchange.com/Oper..._20804851.html is an excellent collection of links (scroll down near the bottom) That should get you there, good luck!
Old 02-21-04, 10:11 PM   #14
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by Bana
Yes it appears that your conjecture was proven correct much to my dismay saturnotaku
In Sat's defense, you've gotta admit that CM comes across with a tired conceited tone in making statements like this:
Quote:
To clarify what i meant in my first portion was that I use computers enough, well enough is an understatement. I am a computer science major, minor in m.i.s. and english. I am beyond my class as far as knowledg eof what computing is and code, but really dont enjoy the fact that none of my classmates use anything but windows.(some think linux is a video game)
I mean come on, big whoop-tee-doo that you're a computer science major (dime a dozen). Boasting that you're beyond your class...why?...do you want a button or something? Look, I'm not flaming you here, just trying to get you to check yourself. Those kind of comments are a turn off and serve no purpose other than being an attempt to puff yourself up. Ok?

We don't tolerate fighting like cats or major derogitory comments here. Unecessary assumtions and comments are a different story though, we're humans here and we all make mistakes (especially in this medium) when it comes to precise understanding and interpretation. Our moderators do the best they can to keep things civil and to maintain a mutual respect amongst everyone. Some members are banned at times and threads are closed if things do get out of hand.

So, having said all of this. We do welcome you here and I'm confident that you'll find the members here to be a valuable resource from time to time. Good luck with getting the answers to your questions. I'm no Linux expert but I have tinkered with WINE and been able to get certain MS development tools to run under it on Redhat 8, so if that ever tickles your fancy make a post and I'll let you know what little I do know.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 10:14 PM   #15
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
the only set back i am having now is that partitioning my hd on my laptop is problematic.

id like to keep my winxp on that computer for the rest of the semester simply for all the schoolwork that requires the .net program

but i am having trouble partionting that drive, but have only had time to pass over it once, i will have more time this weekend to see if i can get it to work.

im sure that 18gb of free space is enough for the system

CodeMonkey
You should be able to partition your drive without much trouble. Check out Partition Magic for some more help.
Old 02-21-04, 11:40 PM   #16
CodeMonkey

I do appriciate the post Max Power.

I apologize for appearing to have tried to beef myself up. I joined this forum on a day where i had a particularly large amount of people ignorant to other op-systems and unix all together. If my trying to present myself to the forum screwed that image up and made me come off like a badass then i apologize.

i just code all day, im nobody special

this medium of communication is indeed tough to read, and perhaps even descibing oneself is too much.

i learned a little while i was here, so no loss.

bana, you were espcially helpful, let me know if i can contact you on another forum of some kind

CodeMonkey
CodeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-04, 12:07 AM   #17
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
I do appriciate the post Max Power.

I apologize for appearing to have tried to beef myself up. I joined this forum on a day where i had a particularly large amount of people ignorant to other op-systems and unix all together. If my trying to present myself to the forum screwed that image up and made me come off like a badass then i apologize.

i just code all day, im nobody special

this medium of communication is indeed tough to read, and perhaps even descibing oneself is too much.

i learned a little while i was here, so no loss.

bana, you were espcially helpful, let me know if i can contact you on another forum of some kind

CodeMonkey
I must say that I am impressed. Seriously.

oSarcasm.Mode = false; //

It takes a big person to not pop off with what I handed you, which was probably a bit rough I admit. You came back with a mature, lucid response and that's awesome. Hey, we all have days like that so I understand. I'm very intolerant of idiots at times too, really does no good, just brings yourself down. I write a lot of code too, but we're all special bud. The better place for a bio on yourself is in your forum profile.

At any rate, hope I didn't scare you off and I do hope that you stick around and stay in touch with Bana here. The more members we have with your mentality the better!
Old 02-22-04, 01:05 AM   #18
Bana

Send a message via AIM to Bana

Yes I agree, codemonkey you really pulled it off there

If you want to be in a forum where I frequent often go to www.fedoraforum.org , Im a mod there and can talk to you there.
Old 02-22-04, 05:20 PM   #19
CodeMonkey

I am having two main problems thus far; the problem with my laptop, which i wont look into for awhile and creating an aol account on my desktop. There are other local isp i can use through dial-up access but the system does not read my modem under the hardware search agent.

I will troubleshoot that by simply testing another modem and seeing of fedora can read the new one

if i can get some internet access on that desktop then i will spend a bit more time familiaizing myself with the system, due to the fact that i ftp alot onto my website and to a unix system at our school.

I will also check up on the laptop when i get it back, im letting a family member use it while she checks up on family in New Jersey.

thanks alot.

CodeMonkey
CodeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote