Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-27-04, 01:17 PM   #13
theultimo
DoD + Sharepoint=Headache

hmm..got Ikargua on GC imported...same as DC version?
theultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-04, 01:19 PM   #14
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
Huh, I was just thinking of Einhander the other day. Interesting game, though it's fairly rare now.
I've got a copy of Einhander. It is a cool game...can get really frustrating in that there's no real save feature...course that's par for the course on side scrolling shooters.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-04, 02:53 PM   #15
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
Originally posted by theultimo
hmm..got Ikargua on GC imported...same as DC version?
Pretty much, though the GC version had a few extra things like some ranking mode or something and there's no more slowdown when the bosses explode (though I thought that was a cool feature in the DC version!). Though getting it to work on a tilted monitor is quite a bit more of a hassle, since there's no cheap and readilly availible VGA box for the GC (I got my DC VGA box for under $20 like 3 years ago).
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-04, 03:19 PM   #16
fivefeet8
Ngemu Mod

If you guys like Ikaruga, try out it's predecessor, Radiant Silvergun.
[i7 2600k @4.4ghertz][2x4 GB DDR3 1600][EVGA GTX570 1.280GB SC][EVGA GTX460 physx][Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 Z68][2xSeagate 160 Gb SATA HD raid0][Seagate 250 GB SATA2 HD][Sony Bravia 40' 1080p LCD HDTV][NEC 3520a DVD+-DLw][Windows 7 Ultimate x64][Rosewill 1000w]
fivefeet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-04, 05:02 PM   #17
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Oh yeah, Radiant Silvergun is the one I forgot to mention in my last post (I thought I left one out). Unfortunatly, it's hard to find, both legally and illegally, and the emulated version of the requires a good computer and has a few glitches (especially with sound, which is MUCH worse quality than the original Saturn version). Still, very good game, and probably one of the more complex top-down shooters out there. Oh, and Armada on the Dreamcast was another fun one. Great 4 player game, and it had a sort of Diablo-like addictivness once you get into it (which is appropriate, since they're both action-RPGs).

BTW, anyone else notice I seem to be making every other post in this topic? Man, when I have a big download going and need to pass the time I just become a post *****
Old 02-28-04, 03:39 AM   #18
StealthHawk

Quote:
Pretty much, though the GC version had a few extra things like some ranking mode or something and there's no more slowdown when the bosses explode (though I thought that was a cool feature in the DC version!).
When I played Ikaruga on my friend's GC it lagged a lot when I killed the bosses.
StealthHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-04, 04:53 PM   #19
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
When I played Ikaruga on my friend's GC it lagged a lot when I killed the bosses.
Thats because the bosses die with huge explosions consisting of extreme numbers of sprites KABLOOOOOSHHHHHhhhhh!!!!! I think all my DC shooters do that, I don't mind it.

Anyway... Psyvaria 2 just got released. Dust of your Dreamcasts coz it ROCKS!!!!

My Dreamcast must be the best 17 dollars I ever spent!

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-04, 08:27 PM   #20
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Psyv....what? I'm interested in this, though I've heard nothing about it. What kind of game is it? And is it "readilly" availible, or just availible

And yes, DC has to be one of the best deals in gaming. Hell, I've probably gotten my money's worth out of it just from watching anime on it. I haven't even gotten much into the emulator stuff yet.

Old 02-29-04, 08:20 AM   #21
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Quote:
Psyv....what? I'm interested in this, though I've heard nothing about it. What kind of game is it? And is it "readilly" availible, or just availible

And yes, DC has to be one of the best deals in gaming. Hell, I've probably gotten my money's worth out of it just from watching anime on it. I haven't even gotten much into the emulator stuff yet.
Psyvariar 2 is by Success. It was an arcade game released in Nov 2003 on Sega Naomi hardware, which I guess is why the DC port came out so first. A game cube port is to be released later. Its a vertical scrolling shooter that has the option of being played full screen if you rotate your TV 90 degrees. Psyvariar has a buzz system, where you earn points and level up by steering your mech as close to the enemy bullets as possible. Basically a bullet only kills you if you hit it dead on, but you can "scrape" whole streams of bullets and chain up a massive buzz score.

Here is the home page:

http://www.success-corp.co.jp/softwa...ar2/index.html

There are some screenshots, which don't really do it justice.

The DC version was released thursday and a couple of importers already had it by saturday. You can order it online like I did, but until it arrives you can find it on BitTorrent, but don't ask me ware... sorry, "where"

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote