Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-14-02, 09:40 PM   #1
mmodem
Geforce2 MX/MX 400

Angry Mandrake9.0...Nvidia ERRORS...

After i installed Nvidia Drivers (the last versions) the system was functioning fine but when i started Kvirc appears this in the console:
[mmodem@www mmodem]$ kvirc
Couldn't open required GL library /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2!

and then my systems stays TOO TOO DAM SLOW! and kvirc don't start.
So if i want to start kvirc and the system continuing ok i have to uninstall nvidia drivers

I already followed the instrutions gived in the site http://www.linuxkungfu.org/howto/nvidia/ and it's the same thing, when start kvirc the systems stays too slow,and kvirc don't even starts

Anyone can give me a solution?
mmodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-02, 01:42 AM   #2
Andy Mecham
l33t master

This is a problem with your app's configuration, not the NVIDIA drivers. It's looking for the Mesa libGL; it should be looking for /usr/lib/libGL.so. You'll need to get it to point at /usr/lib/libGL.so.

--andy
Old 10-15-02, 08:13 AM   #3
bwkaz

Otherwise, if you can't (or don't want to) recompile kvirc -- which is just about the only thing that can make it look in /usr/lib, I believe, unless perhaps if it's trying to dlopen() the file -- then you can (as root) cd into /usr/X11R6/lib and ln -sf /usr/lib/libGL.so*

Then run ln -sf /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 libGL.so.1.2 to create the file that kvirc is looking for. Last of all, run /sbin/ldconfig to recreate the library cache file, /etc/ld.so.cache. Then try running kvirc again.
Registered Linux User #219692
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote