Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-13-04, 10:04 AM   #1
Domy

Default KOTOR Patch suggestions

hi guys, to anyone who plays KOTOR, is the patch worth it?i mean does it bring any performance improvements?Deus ex : IW patch does a very good job 4 me,from the unplayable to playable.FYI i have a weak cpu, P3 866@1080 Ghz.and i use dial -ups so i really wanna know does it worth it guys?thx.
Domy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-04, 09:02 PM   #2
Greg

I could be wrong, but I think there have been three patches so far. The very latest is almost insignificantly better than the previous. The main change is it allows you to bind a key for walking or such. The patch before that is very important as it fixes a bunch of bugs. If you don't have at least the second last patch you will want to get it. I presume you are questioning the patch because it is almost 25mb.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-04, 09:10 PM   #3
Domy

yes greg, i 'm worried about the size coz i have a not so very good connection so far.BTW, is the last one really worth it to da gameplay?especially its performance. and Deus Ex :IW is not so bad after all after patched(v 1.2) u know?i mean before it , i almost can't play it.but now i can go with 1024 with all medium settings and still got nice fps, no lag or somewhatever.
Domy is offline   Reply With Quote