Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-19-04, 12:36 PM   #49
OWA

Yeah, Dogma really bothered me. I really like Salma Hayek but I couldn't make it through the movie even with her in it. Believe me, I tried.

Edit:
Quote:
the only people complaining are uptight fools who think its blashphemous to make fun out of Jesus.
True, I do believe that and that's why I didn't think the thread belonged in the gaming forum. I just thought people's beliefs would get a little more respect, that's all. But, I'll butt out now. I just felt like I had to stand up for what I thought was right and I've made my peace.

Edit: for typos or rather meaning...

Last edited by OWA; 03-19-04 at 01:09 PM.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-04, 12:45 PM   #50
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally posted by OWA
Yeah, Dogma really bothered me. I really like Salma Hayek but I couldn't make it through the movie even with her in it. Believe me, I tried.
Well you at least tried, but you seriously missed out on one of the best films ever.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-04, 05:05 PM   #51
PenguinJim

Hmmmm, where to begin?

First of all, a big thank-you to vampireuk for being so complimentary to me if this were RL, I'd be hugging you right about now. Not to mention you've made me laugh out loud a couple of times already in this thread .

Also, I'd like to say that I found OWA's posts to be clear, direct and reasonable (soberPenguinJim would Quote him right about now, the show-off). He made his points well, and I definitely appreciate his input .

Ooh! Has anyone seen Orgazmo? I did kind've avoid it for years after it came out on video over here (the front cover of the video looked cheesy, and its main selling point seemed to be "By the Creators of South Park!"). However, after catching half of it on Sky Movies back in 99/00, I immediately rushed onto eBay to purchase a copy. I only mention it (and that overly-boring story) because it deals with Christianity in a few ways (not quite on Dogma's level, though ). And it's surprisingly great! I think it's better than Baseketball.

I liked Dogma, although I didn't love it. Buddy Christ was pretty genius, though .
Old 03-19-04, 05:12 PM   #52
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I love orgazmo

Please god if you don't want me to do this give me a sign....

***ground begins to shake and the room falls apart***

....any sign at all
Old 03-19-04, 10:29 PM   #53
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Please god if you don't want me to do this give me a sign....

***ground begins to shake and the room falls apart***

....any sign at all
Man With Two Brains?

Happens to be my favourite Steve Martin movie ("No. I could never **** a gorilla."). And it's no stretch to guess that Red Dwarf V (not to mention Quarantine) is your favourite? I like IV and VI equally, but V beats them both .

I'm owed a cookie for typing this well (I barely managed to make it home just now ).

Ooh! just previewed, and Yay Me! I'm some sort of typing genius!
Old 03-19-04, 11:36 PM   #54
Kandoko

Send a message via Yahoo to Kandoko

Ok, assuming that DotOR becomes a huge comercial sucess
/keeps fingers crossed

Here's a concept for the sequal Disciples Of Christ : The Old Republic I mean we can expand upon the choice of characters. Perhaps having the actions you took as one disciple affecting your next playthrough. Or even coop play ....now that would be a blast. Who wouldn't love to get togather with a friend to play DOCTOR? I can see playing DOCTOR as having a lot of repeat potential
Old 03-20-04, 05:33 AM   #55
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinJim
Man With Two Brains?

Happens to be my favourite Steve Martin movie ("No. I could never **** a gorilla."). And it's no stretch to guess that Red Dwarf V (not to mention Quarantine) is your favourite? I like IV and VI equally, but V beats them both .

I'm owed a cookie for typing this well (I barely managed to make it home just now ).

Ooh! just previewed, and Yay Me! I'm some sort of typing genius!
Yeah 5 definately has to be the best Red Dwarf season ever