Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-29-04, 11:40 AM   #1
MadEgg

Default Getting TV-out PROPERly

I'm about to give up the TV-out on Linux.

I want to use my TV-out occasionally to watch a movie on my tv, after which I want to turn off the TV-out.

I've found various ways to get it something like working, using YANC for example, and NVTV.

All methods have in common that they garble my framebuffer, so I can never leave XFree again and work in the console. Most of the times when I try to turn off the TV-out, my CRT monitor also goes black and I cannot get it back in any way.
So actually the only way for me to switch back to only CRT mode is to edit XF86Config and logout and reboot the computer. When it's done that, it works like I want it again.

Am I doing something so seriously wrong for it to mess up as bad as this or are the drivers just completely unsuitable for proper TV-out handling?
In Windows XP it works perfectly well, why can't it be that easy in the Linux drivers?