Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-03-04, 12:09 PM   #1
Brian Ellis
The Linux Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Ellis
Arrow Win2k + nVidia + Speial hardware concerns

I have 2 requests (probably minor if handed to the right person(s) ):

1. I love that nVidia has frequent driver updates, but please stop restoring display setting defaults on an update. I have non VESA compliant display hardware and the defaults are unacceptable. My hardware makes this particularly irritating, but I'm sure that others would be happier if they didn't have to put all of thier refresh-rate overrides, application spececific settings, and custom resolutions back in every time they updated.

2. Under linux, I can specify non-VESA, custom display timings. Previously, I was able to use SciTech DisplayDocter then PowerStrip to achieve the same results under windows. Is there any way that I can poke, prod, or regedit these display timings or may I request an optional 'Advanced' ( or should I say 'Really Advanced') 'Add Custom Mode' interface that might offer the same amount of control that an XFree86 modeline does. I don't really care if it is anything less than expert-friendly (i.e. regedit and some bit fields of large binary data structures in hex).

I thank you kindly in advanced for your help,
Brian
Brian Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote