Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-19-04, 07:25 PM   #1
bigC

Send a message via MSN to bigC
Default Bioware bought by ..... a company based in Redmond?

say it isn't so:

http://www.ferrago.com/story/3393

the true axis of evil expanding its sphere of influence and perhaps dooming PC gaming in favour of its own box? hopefully not.
bigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-04, 07:32 PM   #2
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Default Re: Bioware bought by ..... a company based in Redmond?

Not suprising, Bioware was already making the Xbox-exclusive Jade Empire and had been very fond of the system from the start, so I guess it's just natural for them to become part of Microsoft Game Studios. Though in a way it almost seems wasteful for MS to buy them out...why buy out a company that's already making games exclusively for you?
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-04, 07:41 PM   #3
Saint Lucifer
Not watching Manning poop

It's not so, apparently. It's been refuted on Bioware's message board.

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic....forum=22&sp=15
---
It's the sixth post on that page.
Old 04-19-04, 07:56 PM   #4
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Note that they don't even directly say they aren't being bought out, however. They pretty much just said that they don't comment on rumors, and that they currently have a publishing deal with MS. It could go either way, rumors sometimes have a way of turning out to be true, but other times it ends up completely false. Guess we'll find out at E3, in either case.

Personally, I have an Xbox so it doesn't really affect me much, though I'm sure many Bioware fans that only own a PC will be a bit miffed. I actually kinda hope MS pushes Bioware make an MDK3 though, I think that would be awesome (assuming they could get the lisence from Interplay).
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-04, 08:27 PM   #5
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

I would think its is good choice on there part. They will be able to spend with there hearts content with MS if they have some thing promising. Also imagine all the new talent they might now be able to hire if under the MS umbrella. The only people who might have to worry is the PS2 and GameCube fans, I doubt the PC crowd will be affected in a big way besides a few months wait after a logical X-Box exclusive period if they churn out another game like KOTOR.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-04, 04:29 PM   #6
XanderF

Location: Buried 40ft below the Lunar surface, near the crater Tycho
Send a message via Yahoo to XanderF

Quote:
pretty much just said that they don't comment on rumors, and that they currently have a publishing deal with MS. It could go either way, rumors sometimes have a way of turning out to be true, but other times it ends up completely false. Guess we'll find out at E3, in either case.
If it WERE true, and it hadn't gone through yet, they couldn't legally comment on it anyway.

Something similar to this is why Martha Stewart is sitting in jail right now. If you are in a position to know something is going down that will effect the stock of a publicly traded company (*cough*Microsoft*cough*)....you don't BREATH a word of it.