Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-28-04, 04:44 PM   #1
bkortleven

Default Mandrake 10, MX440 and TwinView

I know, i know... May of you have posted things here, regarding Mdk 10 and the TwinView config... I tried (almost) all of them, but none give me a double-monitor view I want...
My setup is as follows:

GeForce 4 MX 440
2x CRT display Compaq S700 (17" monitor)

Anyone would could just give me a working config? Tried all posted configs (with correction about the system specific parameters) but nothing seems to work. all I get is at max the primary (VGA-connector-hooked) monitor, but nowhere there is a blimp of a screen or image or whatever on the DVI-connector-hooked second monitor...

Please, just post/mail/sms/whatevermeans me a working or standard config that is usable on this HW...
I've been trying to get this to work for a few days now, and I'm wondering to get my payed Win XP back onto my PC, but I'd rather run the Mdk-thing I love so much...

Thanks guys!
bkortleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 05:10 PM   #2
Thunderbird

Default Re: Mandrake 10, MX440 and TwinView

Use your "normal" XF86Config file and then add the following lines:
Option "Twinview"
Option "Metamodes" "1024x768, 1024x768" #just some resolutions that allways work
Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "min-max" #place here the min/max hsync values of monitor2
Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "min-max" #place here the min/max vrefresh values of monitor2
Option "TwinviewOrientation" "RightOf" #rightof is the default value; this option tells what type of twinview you want "big desktop" or "clone"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT, CRT" #tells what type of monitors you have

Something else, make sure that the dvi-connector of your card actually supports CRT monitors. In short there are two types of DVI connector. One type contains both analog and digital signals and the other type only has digital signals. In the last case a convertor won't help.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote