Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-14-04, 05:54 PM   #1
Hooligan

Default XP and delayed write failed

Anyone ever get this error? I get it at random and then my "D" drive disappears and even the mobo bios doesnt even see it. I have to shut off the PC for a few secs then reboot and everything works fine.

Any clues here? My "D" drive is a brand new western digital 120GB hardd drive. Don't seem to have any problems with it other than this and it happens at randome times.

Help !!!!
30GB WD; 20GB Maxtor; 120GB WD
Logitech Z-560
SBLive! X-Gamer (sux)
Windows XP Pro
Viewsonic 19" Monitor
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-04, 06:31 PM   #2
netviper13
Treehugger

Try swapping IDE cables, could be a connector issue. Check and make sure there aren't any bent pins on the back of the hard drive.
netviper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-04, 04:19 PM   #3
Riptide

Saw this while surfing today... May or may not have anything to do with your particular issue but it's about delayed write failure w/XP.

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showth...0&pagenumber=1
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-04, 10:26 PM   #4
Hooligan

thx for the reply guys...The problem seems to have went away...kinda wierd.
30GB WD; 20GB Maxtor; 120GB WD
Logitech Z-560
SBLive! X-Gamer (sux)
Windows XP Pro
Viewsonic 19" Monitor
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-04, 08:23 AM   #5
draagyn

Default Re: XP and delayed write failed

I had that happen to a WD1800JB. Go to wd.com and check the support area for a test utility. I had to RMA my drive, since it was quickly dying. Lost my whole pre-DRMA mp3 collection since its kinda hard to back up 40gigs on cd. Don't wanna get you riled up, but better safe than sorry.
draagyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-04, 06:23 PM   #6
AthlonXP1800

Default Re: XP and delayed write failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan
Anyone ever get this error? I get it at random and then my "D" drive disappears and even the mobo bios doesnt even see it. I have to shut off the PC for a few secs then reboot and everything works fine.

Any clues here? My "D" drive is a brand new western digital 120GB hardd drive. Don't seem to have any problems with it other than this and it happens at randome times.

Help !!!!
I had this same problem last month, I knew "delayed write failed" error 6 months ago, it not caused by IDE drives, VIA 4in1 4.50 driver had a very nasty bug caused delayed write failed error, it was very annoyed bug. VIA released 4in1 4.51 driver to fixed this issue, you need to download VIA 4in1 4.51 driver.

Your "D" drive disappeared when your PC booted up first time but appeared at the next boot, I still have that issue for 1 year. Since last month I bought a new 120GB Maxtor hard drive as the primary and my previous 60GB Maxtor hard drive as secondary. Now I have 2 hard drives, 1 DVD-ROM and 1 CD-RW, I was noticed my system cannot coped with 4 IDE devices and XP hang at boot screen. I disconnected 2 secondary IDE cables, it worked fine and then I connected 2nd hard drive, it worked fine but added CD-RW was not worked. I figured out what gone wrong, is it IDE cable faulty or onboard secondary IDE controller failed or cant handle 2 devices but can only handle 1 device. Then I swapped primary DVD-ROM IDE cable to CD-RW and it worked, after that, I swapped secondary IDE cable to DVD-ROM and it turned not worked. That turned to be onboard secondary IDE controller is faulty, it now can handle 1 device at a time, that left my system to coped with 3 IDE devices.

My motherboard is now 2 years old, it near worned out, the problem will never go away, I suggest you to get new motherboard, same as me, I will wait for Socket 939 motherboard with PCI Express in October.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote