Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-12-04, 12:40 PM   #1
mandyy

Default Nvidia dual monitor problem

I have the Nvidia drivers and have dual monitors and it works great - up until yesterday. My one monitor blew and is completely dead. So now, I have only one monitor (which is hard to get re-used to), but I will survive. But here is my problem. When using programs like Photoshop, where I had some windows open on the 2nd monitor, now when I use it with One monitor, they still open on the 2nd monitor, where I can't see or manipulate them. I know is it true, because when I hit ESC or ENTER, the program starts responding again, very much like if I had the 2 monitors and I left one of them off (which is a previous experience I had). I have tried everything from shutting the Nvidia drivers off, the Nvidia setting to one monitor, don't open off screen, always open on the main monitor - everything I can think of. So now I am guessing I will have to wait to get a new monitor before I can rectify this situation - ie; moving the boxes opening on the 2nd monitor back to the first so that they will always open on the 1st monitor.
I am using WinME.

Thanks for any help.
mandyy is offline   Reply With Quote