Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-02-02, 09:31 PM   #1
t6_shadow
The all knowing

Default Sad day.

Its a sad day when a moderator takes such a harsh stance on a ALPHA version of a game. Its just a build. God its not full. I have yet to see or hear of Cramak or anyone else from id for that matter complaining about this. They probably don't even care. I don't support people trading warez publicly on any board but its a ****ing alpha. It less than a demo.

I don't about angels but its fear that gives men wings.
- Max Payne

Give him a gun and hes superman. Give him two and hes god.
- Superintendent Pang, Hard boiled

The rig that brings the pain:
Intel p4 2.0 Ghz
1024 megs o ram at pc2100
Asus p4sgx-mx mobo
GIGABYTE geforce 6600gt AGP
60 gig ata 100 Hard drive
48X24X48 lite on Burner
DVD rom drive
t6_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-02, 09:43 PM   #2
StealthHawk

warez is warez, if the mods say don't do it, then don't. it's simple.

just look for it yourself anyway...can't be that hard to find. if you read the thread earlier people already left hints about where to start looking.

edit: although i missed the R9700Pro shots....darn. oh well. life goes on.
Old 11-02-02, 10:15 PM   #3
sbp

Default Playing with fire

Posting about warez brings unwanted attention and potential trouble. Some companies have no problem going after places and shutting them down. Got hot water? No thanks.
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-02, 10:34 PM   #4
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno
Default Re: Sad day.

THEY DO CARE!!! Just because they have yet said anything doesn't mean they don't give a damn. Email JC himself and ask him if he cares. I already know the answer

Quote:
Originally posted by t6_shadow
Its a sad day when a moderator takes such a harsh stance on a ALPHA version of a game. Its just a build. God its not full. I have yet to see or hear of Cramak or anyone else from id for that matter complaining about this. They probably don't even care. I don't support people trading warez publicly on any board but its a ****ing alpha. It less than a demo.
Old 11-02-02, 11:19 PM   #5
volt

Default Re: Sad day.

Quote:
Originally posted by t6_shadow
Go visit warp2search forums and post there (or other zillion forums that allow that) It simply does not belong here.

I don't care if it's alpha, pre-beta, RC, or full. It's illegal and if you don't understand it than I can't do anything about it.

I'm just warning you (everyone) that I will be a very *anal* about this, so be aware.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-02, 11:22 PM   #6
sbp

sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-02, 11:22 PM   #7
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
warez is warez, if the mods say don't do it, then don't. it's simple.

just look for it yourself anyway...can't be that hard to find. if you read the thread earlier people already left hints about where to start looking.

edit: although i missed the R9700Pro shots....darn. oh well. life goes on.
You can still pm nin_fragile, I bet he will be more willing to show you
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote