Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-05-02, 09:23 PM   #13
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Making fun of CS?? Never! That crap game deserves your respect. Pay no attention that most of the folks who do play it complain about the difficulty of just about every other game. I played it maybe twice. UT or Tribes 2 for me please. Cannot wait for Doom 3.

CS=Big pile of stinky poo!!

Marqus

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 10:19 PM   #14
Starscream
Decepticook

Quote:
Originally posted by marqmajere

CS=Big pile of stinky poo!!
Agreed.

The one good feature of cs (actually it's from halflife) is the decals. I remember a great lan party where several friends and I installed counter strike and joined some games on the net. We used the spray paint thing to put several pictures of the goatse guy on the walls of every game we joined.
Old 11-05-02, 10:40 PM   #15
volt

What jerkiness?
The only one I experienced was when the mouse was chopping like hell, it wasn't smooth. It only happens when I reinstall the game. I first go into LAN game, and then into regular multiplayer. That fixes it
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 10:46 PM   #16
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

wow people that also agree..i didn't want to offend before..but cs sucks..the majority of the people who play it suck and the only reason that so many people play it is because its old tech, and its the easiest fps to become good at.

11118 3DMarks
thcdru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 11:22 PM   #17
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by thcdru2k
the only reason that so many people play it is because its old tech, and its the easiest fps to become good at.
i disagree. i still see lots of people who suck around. hell, i know people who played for a year and still suck, even when getting pointers from other people.

CS has its own nuances that make it hard to become elite, just like most other games. there probably is less skill involved than in games like Q3, UT, etc though
Old 11-05-02, 11:55 PM   #18
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Don't forget the cheaters. Heck. I believe that they even evolved past cheaters into something else.

Marqus

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-02, 07:33 AM   #19
DoinkyBottoms

Send a message via AIM to DoinkyBottoms

As penny arcade once said, cheaters are...Oh ya, public forum, nevermind!
DoinkyBottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-02, 02:33 PM   #20
StealthHawk

there are actually a considerably smaller amount of cheaters, at least in CS