Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-16-04, 10:09 AM   #1
yitzhakbg

Default howto flash nvidia gpu bios?

I have noticed a lot about upgrading the bios on an nvidia board, but I have not found where to obtain the proper linux utility with which to perform the bios upgrade. We experience freezes with our 5FX200 cards. It might be worth while flashing the bios to a newer version. Can someone direct me to the best place for information and bios versions?
Thanks,
Yitzhak
Old 07-16-04, 02:47 PM   #2
Thunderbird

Default Re: howto flash nvidia gpu bios?

I doubt that stability problems are related to an incorrect videobios. A videobios is indeed important but doesn't really control these things. Personally I think the freezes are more likely a cause of problems with the linux distribution, the nvidia drivers or agp settings. If you really want to flash your bios you need to do it from dos. These days there are not much updated videobioses floating around the net anymore likely because it isn't needed much anymore and because it is still dangerous.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote