Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-13-02, 02:11 AM   #25
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Cereal-Killer
Isn't Unreal Warfare just the name of the engine used for Unreal 2, UT2k3 and Unreal Championship? It's not an actual game right?
the Unreal Warfare engine became known simply as the "Unreal engine." so it is the same one used by U2 and UT2003. of course each game probably uses a different build, but they have the same roots.

i actually think Unreal Warfare was the next gen UT, but Epic may have changed plans.
Old 11-13-02, 02:13 AM   #26
SavagePaladin
info*****

Epic never announced plans...
other than that, you're right.
They will be making it still, they just haven't said a single thing about it officially.
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-02, 02:46 AM   #27
skipparoo

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
the Unreal Warfare engine became known simply as the "Unreal engine." so it is the same one used by U2 and UT2003. of course each game probably uses a different build, but they have the same roots.

i actually think Unreal Warfare was the next gen UT, but Epic may have changed plans.
I always thought Unreal Warfare was the engine. I had never heard of an Unreal game with this title, but who knows. You may be right, they probably just shortened it to the Unreal engine, which makes sense. I still consider the engine Doom 3 uses to be the Quake engine, just a highly enhanced and evolved version of it. These are the engines as I refer to them and believe to be the top 3 of today: Unreal, Quake, and Lithtech.

-Skippy
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote