Hyper_Snyper

Default earth and beyond...good or bad

thinking of picking this game up...
if any of you guys have played it let me know if it's any good

thx
Hyper_Snyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-02, 10:36 PM   #2
skipparoo

I was a beta tester for this game a while back. It is pretty fun, and great to fly around the systems and explore. But I don't know, I found out about another MMORPG which is much the same, set in outer space and all, but it sounds like it's going to be better than E&B, definitely in the graphics department. If you want to check it out, it's called EVE-Online. I think it will be a while before it is released, but for now, Earth and Beyond is a good game, so if you want go ahead and sign up for a couple of months or so to get an idea what it's like.

-Skippy
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-02, 01:17 AM   #3
SavagePaladin
info*****

I wouldn't mind trying it now that I got my systems kinks fixed up (AHEM...they're more win2ks kinks, but anyway)

Last edited by SavagePaladin; 11-13-02 at 09:52 AM.
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-02, 02:03 AM   #4
demonized
R420

I beta tested the game and if you ask me i dont think 13$ a month to play the game is worth it. There's alot of repetitiveness on the game.
demonized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-02, 02:12 AM   #5
skipparoo

Quote:
Originally posted by demonized
I beta tested the game and if you ask me i dont think 13$ a month to play the game is worth it. There's alot of repetitiveness on the game.
I agree actually. The monthly fees are what turn me off MMORPGs every time. I see what you mean about repetitiveness. The thing that bothered me the most in the game is that pretty much every station you visited looked the same. And if not, then the layout was ALWAYS the same. Plus the size of the galaxy systems didn't seem all that vast. EVE is supposed to be better about this. Larger systems and more dynamic situations.

-Skippy
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-02, 06:54 AM   #6
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Wait for Star Wars Galaxies!! I beta tested this game as well, and I have to say that it's a pretty vanilla title. They hype the fact that levels can be obtained in other ways than killing such as exploration and trade skills, but the latter two are so slow in the "exp grind" sort of way that you want to vomit. Basically I tested for about 1 month of hardcore gaming. After that I had the feeling that I'd seen everything the game had to offer. The high end of the game was pretty much the same as the low end but harder. The game had a VERY nice look IMO, but I didn't like the fact that certian skills and abilities weren't avalible to use without going through the n00b quests. (That could've been a beta only thing.)

Bottom Line: IT's a very nice looking game that plays well and DOES have alot to offer, but it still feels restrictive and drawn out. I passed on this one.

Marqus

P.S. AC2 was about the same.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote