Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-02-04, 10:36 AM   #1
BorisKurktchie

Send a message via AIM to BorisKurktchie Send a message via Yahoo to BorisKurktchie
Default Best board for linux+nvidia

I have been fishing arround for a new board. Right now I have my eyes on a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP which is based on the nforce2 chipset. From what I am hearing though not a lot of people are too happy with the linux support for the nforce chipsets. To clarify I will be running Linux exclusively on that board. The reason I like the GA-7NNXPV is that it has 4 ide channels, 2 sata channels, 2 dual ram channels, agp 8x pro, dual lan, plenty of usb and firewire, great OverCLocking possibilities (IF I ever wanted to do that). Does anyone else have this board? How happy are you with it? If not the nforce* chipsets what other chipsets should I look at that have solid Linux support?
BorisKurktchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-04, 01:59 PM   #2
energyman76b

Default Re: Best board for linux+nvidia

Hi,

well, as long as we are talking about Socket A, I had very good experiences with SiS boards. They may not be the fastest, but are stable and well supported. (The P4 boards have some strange probs).
energyman76b is offline   Reply With Quote