Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-04-04, 02:40 PM   #1
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel
Default martian buddy easter egg

hehe, i just saw a spam mail in the PDA for martianbuddy.com -- i remembered in gta: vice city where the websites they gave were real websites... so i decided to see for myself, and my assumptions were accurate, www.martianbuddy.com is actually part of the game and tells you how to unlock a cabinet -- not sure what's in the cabinet though; good stuff
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 02:51 PM   #2
Slybri

Default Re: martian buddy easter egg

do open the cabinet....very good thing inside indeed!!!

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 02:53 PM   #3
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel

haven't found it yet, d3 crashed... i restarted playing because when i had started before i was with a friend, and didn't pay enough attention to the plot. i've seen the cabinet before, and i'm almost back at the place where i left off, heh.
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Old 08-04-04, 02:56 PM   #4
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Which level is this cabinet in ?
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 03:11 PM   #5
revbatboy
My cream is fat-free.

Crap I remember that cabinet its early in the game. I guess I will get it the second time around. Nice find.
Old 08-04-04, 03:18 PM   #6
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

ive seen 2 martian buddy storages - 1 early - 1 later. both got good stuff.

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 03:41 PM   #7
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Oh yes, the cabinet is a GOLDMINE
edit---------

just did a whois on the website, annnnd guess what its dns server is....

satan.idsoftware.com

Old 08-04-04, 03:42 PM   #8
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

right after you see the first robo monster that puts the huge dent in the door is the first one, and i found it; good stuff

Old 08-04-04, 09:54 PM   #9
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Ah ffs! I tried martianbuddy.com and it didnt work Actually I got my gf to try it on her computer (in IE) and martianbuddy.com doesn't seem to work in IE, but it does in firefox. www.martianbuddy.com works in both though.

****en!
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 10:02 PM   #10
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

I'm pretty damn early in the game, and i've already gotten one of the martian buddy emails. That was right before the cabinet that contains the g******s. Hehehe... i have fun with them.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote