Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-05-04, 06:45 AM   #1
analogmaster

Default getting sort of blocks when moving around quickly?

hay doodz....

just got doom³ and first of all i must admit that this game kinda looks very cool.... all in all the game is running very kewl with my gainward 6800 Ultra GS @ 430/1200 (except from the time when the gfx is loading itself up into the ram but that does not take too long tho) but what i rally dislike is that when i look around it seems to me that a part of the gfx somehow "delays" whilst moving, thus resulting in a part of the screen looking a bit blocky or sort of when moving around.... no matter if i turn fast or quick....

my card is well operating in e.g. farcry, i can turn around as fast as i want and it does not look like a part of the gfx "delays" in a certain way

all my driver like agp are newest

A64 3000+
Asus K8V SE
win xp prof sp1
1024gb pc3200
FW 61.77
directx 9.0c

now if some1 with a comparable card can plz test if he/she gets some of these blocky parts ob the screen when turning around quickly or slowly and has fixed this issue it would be nice to reply to my post...
analogmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 06:53 AM   #2
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel
Default Re: getting sort of blocks when moving around quickly?

go into advanced options and turn on vsync
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 07:14 AM   #3
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Ah, of course! VSync problems didn't come to mind when analogmaster was explaining it
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 07:35 AM   #4
analogmaster

yea, the vsync fixed that prob....

thx doodz
analogmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 09:55 AM   #5
nippyjun

I was having the same issue as well and the vsync turned on seemed to help. Is this what "tearing" is?
nippyjun is offline   Reply With Quote