Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-02, 02:52 AM   #109
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by alex.burm
but but!!
this leak isnt illegal...so nothing wrong with it being spread around.
besides, id software LOVE the publicity this is getting.
not illegal? on what grounds ATI, assuming it was them, broke their NDA by releasing it.

it wasn't a public release, simple as that. the issue is not whether or not people have it or not, it's that iD doesn't want it spread. sure they may even like it being spread, but that's not the issue. the point is that it wasn't intended to be released.

and nV New's policy on warez and other leaked/illegal software is sort of like Clinton's policy with gays in the military. Don't ask, don't tell

Old 11-17-02, 10:27 AM   #110
sebazve

OMFG, so doom3 is ilegal? id better delete it from my HDD
Old 11-17-02, 10:44 AM   #111
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
it plays at 20fps when walking, 1fps when monster appears. at 640x480.
and besides, we all know the doom3 demo is available to download, so theres no point in 'regulating' anything.
this demo has been spread around, nothing is going to stop its spread, not even a silly nvnews forums moderator.
so why not just try and be more helpful, PMs are used for situations like this. thx
We went through all this on emutalk, and all talking like this will do is p*ss off the mods greatly. Trust me because it did that to me. What the mods says goes end of story. good god is it that hard to understand

Last edited by vampireuk; 11-17-02 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-17-02, 11:51 AM   #112
alex.burm

Quote:
Originally posted by sebazve
OMFG, so doom3 is ilegal? id better delete it from my HDD
the only *legal* software i have on my computer is half-life (cos i need the won id) and ms-dos 5.0, which came with my old computer.

no way am i spending thousands and thousands on software.
Old 11-17-02, 11:57 AM   #113
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Thats just lame, "I cant be bothered buying it Ill just steal it". Yeah gotta love that attitude
Old 11-17-02, 12:28 PM   #114
sebazve

Quote:
the only *legal* software i have on my computer is half-life (cos i need the won id) and ms-dos 5.0, which came with my old computer.

no way am i spending thousands and thousands on software.
hey alex there are some progs that are worth to buy.
The thing is that expensive soft dont come as shareware so you cannot try ir before buying it.
Before buying a game i always try the demo first but not every company makes them so sometimes i just end up buying crap!

Although there is one thing i will never buy in my entire life (despite if im the richest man alive), WINDOWS i refused to buy that piece of crap. It is more than just OS itself, its that M$ policy in ripping you money for every upgrade and want it or not you have to upgrade because their OS are crap and they drop support as soon as they can.
Also their DRM policies, spyware in their OSes, etc..but you need to have it for games

But youre right in one thing soft is expensive.
People from poor countries just can buy software with that prices thats why linux here in Uruguay is going so strong and people who use windows are all ilegal copies.
Old 11-17-02, 12:46 PM   #115
alex.burm

i have bought software that i actually love to use, games mostly.

red alert
quake2
unreal
half-life etc.

but things like 3d studio max which costs $5,000 i can only get from warez places.
Old 11-17-02, 01:02 PM   #116
DoinkyBottoms

Send a message via AIM to DoinkyBottoms

Now we're back to the typical warez discussion. "I won't buy it because games suck and cost $50." Which in turn makes games get crappier and more expensive. The simple solution is to start buying games. Given the sharp contrast between the best and the worst games, some are easily worth $50 and some aren't worth 50 cents. BUY THE GOOD ONES AND DON'T EVEN GET THE BAD ONES. When tons of people pirate a crappy game and go play it and make mods, etc, they create a community and support the sucky game.

Old 11-17-02, 01:04 PM   #117
The Baron

hey Volt, you want to call up the FBI, give them this guy's IP, and let them take care of the rest?

If you can't buy the REALLY expensive software, it means A. you don't know how to use it, B. you're not going to use it for anything great, and C. you're too damn lazy to look for free equivalents (Blender comes to mind--at least you could teach yourself basic modeling and the like and THEN save up a grand and a half (!) for 3DSmax (not 5 grand--only maya unlimited is anywhere near that at 8 grand).

Or, you could just get off your ass and write your own damn software, but I guess that's too much to ask for a warez monkey.

Old 11-17-02, 01:50 PM   #118
volt

...That's why i don't see a point of this discussion. Thanks Baron
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Closed Thread