Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-16-04, 01:39 PM   #1
HammerFall

Send a message via ICQ to HammerFall
Default Geforce 5700 Ultra, Dual Screen - but seperated

Hi to everybody out there!

With some hints from here I finally got my GPU working with 2 screens (one 19" screen and one 15" screen).
I 've got 2 devices, 2 screens and 2 monitors in my XF configuration file and everything seems to work fine. (no twinview)

One thing I would like to do is, pluggin in another mouse and keyboard - so that i can use the two screens "as seperate workstation". Is that possible? Two different user logins at the same time with my 2 screens?

At the moment I move my mouse from one desktop to the other, but i want to keep it "trapped" in one screen.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks and nice evening

HammerFall
HammerFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 02:17 PM   #2
ricercar
fugue master

Default Re: Geforce 5700 Ultra, Dual Screen - but seperated

You can login to one box with a separate machine, but I've never seen anyone discuss dual mouse/keyboard on one box except special hardware (e.g. Jetway's miniQ Dual-user motherboards and SFF machines.

http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/produ.../miniq2usr.htm
Old 08-16-04, 02:35 PM   #3
HammerFall

Send a message via ICQ to HammerFall
Default Re: Geforce 5700 Ultra, Dual Screen - but seperated

Sounds bad, but with virtual terminals it should be possible to log on two users in 2 different x-servers. Here the 2 mice and keyboards are missing, but it's a step further than i am at the moment.

This cannot be done via "real terminals/screens"?

What would happen if i simply declare another mouse/ keyboard in xfree-config and delet the part with "leftof screen1"

mfg

HammerFall
HammerFall is offline   Reply With Quote