Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-25-04, 04:44 PM   #1
Slybri

Default Silent Hunter 3 looks amazing

I'm a big fan of SH2 and military submarine history in general. The new SH3 looks freaking amazing!!! Like Das Boot the game! Here's a movie showing off the weather effects....

http://media.ubi.com/emea/sh3/videos...rmyWeather.wmv

Dig the reflection of the sub on the sea around it. And the swinging sausages in the control room~! Talk about detail!

http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/videos.php?skin=n

This is gonna be my new favorite game! Hope it comes out soon!

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 05:28 PM   #2
AlphaWolfII

Default Re: Silent Hunter 3 looks amazing

Personally, I'm completely bummed that it's a German only sim. I just can't get my head into playing a World War II German.

I'm a huge fan of the American WWII sub sims that take place in the Pacific (Silent Service I & II and the first Silent Hunter).

I can only hope that the great minds behind the Pacific Aces mod do their magic on SH3, otherwise, I'm not buying.

AW
AlphaWolfII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 05:58 PM   #3
Slybri

damn! Just read they are pushing it back from Sept 21 to early next year...sigh. Why am I not surprised.
They say it's to add a "dynamic campaign" that the fans have demanded. Fine, but can't they just patch it in later? I want the game now!
Seems like every game I'm looking forward to has been pushed back to next year. except for HL2, /knocks on wood.

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 01:29 AM   #4
lunix

Send a message via MSN to lunix

Sometimes something a little different is good. Give it a try. Think IL2. After all there is something somewhat, ummm romantic, about the german U-Boat force. Then again perhaps I saw das-boot too many times
Old 08-26-04, 04:56 AM   #5
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore

I always preferred playing the Germans. I thought the Americans were overrated in WW2, not to mention having boring ass weapons and a generic military.
Old 08-26-04, 08:14 AM   #6
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheimison
I always preferred playing the Germans. I thought the Americans were overrated in WW2, not to mention having boring ass weapons and a generic military.
Overrated? I hope you only mean game wise. In anycase game does look great and I also do prefer German weapons in games. But this is about subs and it was said the Germans and the best one, so it looks interesting.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote