Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-01-04, 01:59 AM   #1
Quain

Default Siluro Gf4Ti4200-Srceen goes blank...

So: I have a soon to be 2 years old config:Abit kx7-333-->via 4in1 4.53, Abit Siluro Gf4Ti4200 64-->Detonator/forceware 61.77 and when windows starts, right after the welcome screen (and in random (0.5-1.5 hrs) there after) the screen goes blank (and ALWAYS when installing vs.net2k3), then after 0.2 sec it comes back. Even when i get to the display properties/nvidia tab (where all the shiny settings are, it blinks again), it does it just like when i set the timing formula to something different (first i thought it might be because it's on auto, so it detects it at boot and that's why, but when explicitly setting it on something it still blinks)
With 41.09 it didn't blink at boot, but sometimes when i was peogramming/browsing the offline msdn it blinked, and when the screen came back the mouse cursor was distorted (i had to move it around to fix it)

What's thjis, is there a fix, is my gpu damaged??? (the system is not overclocked)
Quain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-04, 05:55 AM   #2
jimmor

Default Re: Siluro Gf4Ti4200-Srceen goes blank...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quain
So: I have a soon to be 2 years old config:Abit kx7-333-->via 4in1 4.53, Abit Siluro Gf4Ti4200 64-->Detonator/forceware 61.77 and when windows starts, right after the welcome screen (and in random (0.5-1.5 hrs) there after) the screen goes blank (and ALWAYS when installing vs.net2k3), then after 0.2 sec it comes back. Even when i get to the display properties/nvidia tab (where all the shiny settings are, it blinks again), it does it just like when i set the timing formula to something different (first i thought it might be because it's on auto, so it detects it at boot and that's why, but when explicitly setting it on something it still blinks)
With 41.09 it didn't blink at boot, but sometimes when i was peogramming/browsing the offline msdn it blinked, and when the screen came back the mouse cursor was distorted (i had to move it around to fix it)

What's thjis, is there a fix, is my gpu damaged??? (the system is not overclocked)
Drivers are usually main reason for display problems. And no matter how many people appear to like 6xxx drivers, they are full of holes !!!

When investigating display problems with your card, you should be more realistically using something like 44.03 or my favourite of Omega 43.45.

If problem also happens when only doing desktop activities then it is most important that you install drivers properly to suit your OS. For this, I assume that after properly installing your mobo device drivers and suitable stable Nvidia driver, that you are also installing your monitor against its Manufacturers driver and not the OS "default" or "plug and play" driver. And of course finally setting refresh rates, for WinXP, using something like RefreshForce,

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

If problem still persists, then only recourse is to try card and/or monitor on another computer !

Intel P4 3.2 @ 3.85GHz (ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe)
BFG 6800GS (16x1,6vp) @ 300/430/1200.

Driver, 82.12 :-
Aquamark3, 75039
Codecreatures1, 90.8
3Dmark05 v120, 6195
3Dmark03 v360, 14334
3Dmark06 v102, 2949
3Dmark2001se v330, 23793.
jimmor is offline   Reply With Quote