Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-31-04, 04:01 PM   #1
Arioch

Thumbs up Calling all Morrowind Experts!

Well I am looking all over the internet for mod suggestions and there are a ton of them. I see some I want to download and try but I am not sure in what order to use them.

Can someone recommend a good starting point for must-have mods for this game? I am looking for a graphical enhancements, sound enhancements, maybe a npc makeover. I already see there is a good one for better signs and window glow. I also plan on the FPS optimizer. I love a good dungeon crawl so any recommended mods for that is appreciated also!

I had the basic game a few years ago but gave it away so I have a general idea of how the game works. I am picking the GOTY pack probably tomorrow so I can play it over the weekend. I am planning to run this game in Stereo 3-D also.

Thanks!
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-04, 04:07 PM   #2
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Calling all Morrowind Experts!

I think mike plays morrowind...

I formatted both my hdd's completely (clean) and got rid of all my save games and mods and everything..

bethesda related sites exist all over the place though am sure there are a few morrowind "nuts" that can help you get what yer lookin for...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-04, 04:10 PM   #3
Edge
3d animator for hire!

I'm interested in this as well. I'm currently playing through the Xbox version to get a feel for the game, and then I'm planning on getting the PC version for the mods and such. I remember trying a few cool mods when the game was released, but unfortunatly I've been almost totally out of the loop for a while now. Oh, and not to hijack the thread, but what's a good character to make if you're planning on playing a werewolf eventually?

Also are there any mods that improve the animations? I always thought that was a big graphical weakpoint of the game.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-04, 04:35 PM   #4
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Heres a good start . some official Morrowind plugins .

http://www.elderscrolls.com/download...es_plugins.htm

i liked the bitter coast sounds plug in .
Quote:
Let the gentle chorus of swamp wildlife draw you further into the mire throughout the entire swampy region of the Bitter Coast. You'll find dragonfly creatures now inhabit the muck ponds along the coast .

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-04, 05:47 PM   #5
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

If you can find the Castlevania mod get it... it is quite good. Not sure where to find it though since I haven't played morrowind in quite some time.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-04, 12:38 PM   #6
Arioch

Well I got the GOTY pack installed and have about 12 mods up and running. I got things such as the visual pack, giants mod, wilderness mod, weathered signs, and more trees for starters.

With all these mods it is a whole new game. It definitely takes its toll on my PC as I am getting anywhere from 20-50 FPS depending on where I am at running the game at 1600x1200 4xAF and no AA. The weird thing is when I turn my Stereo 3D on the frame rates do not drop as much as they normally do.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote