Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-26-04, 01:22 AM   #1
MNKyDeth

Send a message via AIM to MNKyDeth
Default x86-64 and 32bit Native games :(

Well, I have tried I think most all of the x86-64 distro's now and have been able to get 32bit binary commercial games installed on FC2 x86-64 only thus far.
The two games I have been able to install are Mohaa and uplink. They work fine without the nvidia drivers installed but run very slow.
I was happy that they did run and was excited to get the nvidia drivers installed. So, I promptly DL'ed and installed the 6111 drivers and all went well. I rebooted for good measure and then went to start up Mohaa but I recieved this error.

Click to read the error as it is big to post. Thought this would be easier.
http://www.mnkydeth.jsuthosting.com/mohaa.txt

I searched and double checked to make sure I had the proper deps and .so files where they should be and it seems I have everything I need. Unfortunately nothing seems to work properly. :/

I own most all of the commercial games available for linux and am still looking for ways to get them installed but even if I get them installed I am afraid I won't be able to play them unless I resolve this issue aswell.

Any help or thoughts are appreciated in resolving this issue.
MNKyDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-04, 05:48 AM   #2
whig
550Ti

Default Re: x86-64 and 32bit Native games :(

Check the glx module loads ok - refer to your X log in /var/log/.
whig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-04, 11:35 PM   #3
MNKyDeth

Well, I have run glxinfo and it shows nvidia there and says yes to glx aswell. I can run glxgears just fine aswell with the driver installed. From that error though it looks like it's either the driver isn't loaded all the way properly or I am missing libs for the 32bit enviroment. I have been asking many questions about games over on #fedora irc and there fedora forums but no one responds or has any ideas.

I am a hardware enthusiast and gamer and own most all commercial linux games and the extra speed from x86-64 is nice but it is worthless without my games.

Without the nvidia drivers installed Uplink seems to use Mesa and it works ok but feels slow. I would like 3d accell if possible for these games if I can get it. Uplink and Mohaa are the only games I have gotten to install without issues but I have other comps I can just tar up the game dirs and transfer them that way to see if the games actually work or not but I don't think they will unless I get this driver issue sorted out for 3d acceleration.

Any other ideas for me? If you or anyone needs more info on my setup just ask specifically what you need and I can get it.

TIA
MNKyDeth

I would just like to add this aswell. My drivers seem to be loaded according to glxinfo and such but this kinda surprised me.

ldd uplink.bin
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xffffe000)
libGL.so.1 => not found
libGLU.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1 (0x55569000)
libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x00b0e000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x00b27000)
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 => /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 (0x555e3000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0x55625000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x00765000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0x55649000)
libXext.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x00afe000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x009d3000)
libGL.so.1 => not found
libstdc++.so.5 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 (0x5565b000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x55714000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x0074c000)

It's not seeing the libGL.so.1 file :/
Any ideas how to fix this would be appreciated. It seems to be the same for all my games that I have tested now.

Last edited by MNKyDeth; 09-27-04 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-27-04, 01:24 AM   #4
whig
550Ti

Do you have libGL.so at all? Search all of /usr for it. Should it not be on your system you will have to re-run the nvidia driver installer. If it is there you have to wonder why the system isn't picking it up. Be sure to have only nvidia glx libraries shown in glxinfo - the presence of any others, eg xorg or xfree, will cause problems.

I have mohaa going (albeit with the sound issue) with Gentoo. The binary is statically linked, so it doesn't depend on libraries directly anyway.

Seeing if 64-bit ut2k4 works would be a test too.
whig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-04, 01:46 AM   #5
MNKyDeth

well, doing a slocate libGL* turns up all my libGL.so files and such in /usr/lib64/
I assume the games are looking for it in the regular /usr/lib wich I have but no libGL files in there.
I tried making symlinks and actually copying the libGL.so files in there but still no go.

I would try the gentoo A64 route but I only have an ISDN 128k connection and if I mess something up it'll just take to long and try my patience to redo it. I mess up this install I just re-install it in 5min over my network.

BTW, I did run ldconfig to make sure the cahnges when I symlinked and copied the libGL files would take effect. It's just odd I think that the 2 games seem to work just fine but slow without the drivers installed and completely don't run with them installed.

I am thining of trying to copy over the 32bit drivers that are installed on my other machine into the /usr/lib and see if that has any effect. I'll keep pluggin at it see what I can come up with.

It'll take some time but I'll try to get a hold of the 64bit UT2k4 demo if it's available still.