Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-04, 03:01 PM   #25
spirited1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 194
Default Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

I don't undertand this. There's a collectors edition and a regular edition. The collectors edition includes bonus features you may or may not be tempted by. Typically, the collectors edition will be bought by the die hard fans, though this is not exclusive. Everyone with me so far? Great!

The LOTR series came in the form of two optional dvd releases. The standard dvd with a few extra's, and the extended dvd with a boat load of more goodies. Normal was cheaper, extended was more expensive but had bonus stuff. ARE WE SEEING A PATTERN HERE? By golly, I think we are!

The extended dvd's of the LOTR series completely OWNED the normal ones. I'm so glad I got mine, because in my honest opinion, they rock. Nobody forced me into getting the extended - I would have been happy with the regular ones. But I'm a fan of LOTR and as such, I will go that extra mile, pay that extra amount to recieve features I'm eager to see.

This is a very rudimentary concept to grasp.

Now, I won't belittle someone for liking The Darkness. Not my personal preference but it's a free country. Be proud of who you are and what you like. BUT DON'T SLAM SOMEONE FOR THEIR CHOICES. Yes, we enjoy the freedom to speak as we wish. But with that freedom comes responsibility, and an awareness of people's rights to do with their money as they see fit. They're the ones that earned it, not me.

If you wish to put forward your views on the price as being unacceptable to you, you can do so. But do it without the preachy approach, and less use of the words "retarded" and you won't tick people off.
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-04, 06:43 PM   #26
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

The special edition LOTR are $30, not $80. The CE of WC3 was aobut $70, and it came with basically the same stuff the WoW CE comes with, but WoW is $30 more. They're raping you.

And wow, you made fun of the Darkness. congratulations, you want a cookie?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-04, 06:56 PM   #27
datamage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 88
Default Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

Quote:
The CE of WC3 was aobut $70, and it came with basically the same stuff the WoW CE comes with, but WoW is $30 more. They're raping you.
Ok, that just shows that you haven't read. The WoW CE is 79.99, ten dollars more than the WC3 CE. It's 100 hundred dollars, because Arioch decided to get the strategy book with the game. Not to mention tax.

As spirited1 already mention, yes, you have the 'freedom' to say whatever you want, but the way you came across was rude, and practically calling the poster a retard for spending that much on a game.

And to you paying $400 for hardware is justified, just because it does more for your computer than a game does, does not make it an automatic justification. You justify it because you feel is worth it. Just like those paying eighty-dollars for a game feel it's worth it.

Anyhow, it's fine to post your opinion, you just shouldn't pass it off as fact.

(For the record my video card was $500 -- so I'm not against expensive hardware.)

- D.
datamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-04, 07:43 PM   #28
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datamage
(For the record my video card was $500 -- so I'm not against expensive hardware.)

- D.
And therefore you can't say anything about my $400 video card, so shut up.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-04, 09:02 PM   #29
spirited1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 194
Default Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
The special edition LOTR are $30, not $80. The CE of WC3 was aobut $70, and it came with basically the same stuff the WoW CE comes with, but WoW is $30 more. They're raping you.
You see, this is the crux of the matter. Lots have people have indicated they will be buying the collecters edition and seem quite happy with the price. An item should be judged on what it's worth TO THE PERSON BUYING IT, not what you think it should be. This is a similar point to what datamage is making. If you think it's overpriced, don't buy it and let those that are happy remain so. Additionally, you're not going to change people's minds by belittling their choices on an internet messageboard, so your arguement serves nothing other than to bemuse me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
And wow, you made fun of the Darkness. congratulations, you want a cookie?
Show me where I did that. I defy you, quote me word for word where you think I made fun of The Darkness. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and predict that you can't.

Why do you have to be so antagonistic about this? You really aren't doing yourself any favors. Shrug it off, accept people like other stuff than you do, and move on with your life.
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-04, 09:22 PM   #30
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
You see, this is the crux of the matter. Lots have people have indicated they will be buying the collecters edition and seem quite happy with the price. An item should be judged on what it's worth TO THE PERSON BUYING IT, not what you think it should be. This is a similar point to what datamage is making. If you think it's overpriced, don't buy it and let those that are happy remain so. Additionally, you're not going to change people's minds by belittling their choices on an internet messageboard, so your arguement serves nothing other than to bemuse me.
No, I'm not going to buy it and in fact, I'm going to continue to profess that $80 is much too much to pay for any game, let alone a game that requires a monthly fee to play. And you are taking my adjective choice ("retarded") and applying it not to the price, but to the people that bought it. When I said, "retarded" I meant i meant it as "a lot" or "huge" because $80 for a game is just that: retarded. What does retarded signify? Something isn't right, something different from the ordinary. Show me where I said that anyone that buys it is retarded for spending that much. I defy you, quote me word for word where you think I made fun of anyone willing to pay $80 for a game. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and predict that you can't.


Quote:
Show me where I did that. I defy you, quote me word for word where you think I made fun of The Darkness. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and predict that you can't.
You said you weren't going to belittle me, implying that you're a better person than I am due to my music choice. You're trying to start **** with a topic that has no relevance to the matter at hand and you're a dick for doing so. If you try and deny it, it's bull****. There was absolutely NO reason for you to bring up the Darkness for any reason other than to try and get under my skin.

Quote:
Why do you have to be so antagonistic about this? You really aren't doing yourself any favors. Shrug it off, accept people like other stuff than you do, and move on with your life.
Funny how the person that brings up the Darkness in a conversation about computer games is calling me antagonistic. Take your own advice and don't put words in my mouth.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-04, 09:46 PM   #31
datamage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 88
Default Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

Quote:
And therefore you can't say anything about my $400 video card, so shut up.
I never said I was against a $400 video card. I said there are people who think paying that much for a video card is insane.

- D.
datamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-04, 10:24 PM   #32
spirited1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 194
Default Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Show me where I said that anyone that buys it is retarded for spending that much.
You're right. I can't. Why can't I? Because I didn't say that you did in the first place. Are you confusing my posts with others? As for the word "retarded" it doesn't matter if your using it in reference to the price or the people who opt for that DVD. Your continued use of it implies people buying it for that price are "not right" or "something out of the ordinary." A little tact and some degree of consideration for others is called for. Just doing it the once isn't so bad, but to repeatedly throw it up on these forums again and again..like I said before, accept everyone's different and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
You said you weren't going to belittle me, implying that you're a better person than I am due to my music choice.
How did you draw that conclusion? By me saying they weren't my personal preference? I used The Darkness as an example of what you might like - well, it's in your sig - and what I wouldn't slam someone for liking. How is using that as an example of what you like trying to belittle you? I was drawing comparisons. I don't go around running down The Darkness - that's a fact, and the point I made. It was lost on you obviously - you'd rather grab at straws and infer I was attacking your music choices. Get real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
You're trying to start **** with a topic that has no relevance to the matter at hand and you're a dick for doing so. If you try and deny it, it's bull****. There was absolutely NO reason for you to bring up the Darkness for any reason other than to try and get under my skin.
I didn't make a mountain out of a molehill, trying to twist what I said into something that would (weakly) support my case. Refer to my comments above. And thanks for calling me a name, it really adds strength to your arguement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Funny how the person that brings up the Darkness in a conversation about computer games is calling me antagonistic. Take your own advice and don't put words in my mouth.
Let's get back to the topic in hand. Enough with the Darkness angles.
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-04, 11:17 PM   #33
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore
 
Cheimison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 230
Default Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch
It's a persistent MMORPG so it has a monthly fee to maintain the core staff of programmers, designers, game masters, etc. If you have never played a MMORPG then this doesn't make any sense probably.
A lot of MMORPGs are free now, you just have to pay for the account.
__________________
Keep Your People Armed
It's for the Children
Cheimison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-04, 04:30 AM   #34
Arioch
Registered User
 
Arioch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,087
Default Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

I have to give a shout out to SH64 for being kind enough to let me have his closed beta invite!

Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regression with 295.33 and GeForce GT 240 maro NVIDIA Linux 16 06-29-12 07:47 PM
AMD FX-8120 Black Edition CPU Review (with Asus M5A99X EVO) News Archived News Items 0 06-21-12 09:30 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.