Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-04, 12:53 AM   #1
joejanisse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5
Default 3756 for 3d05

3756 seems low to me. Am I missing some optimizations? Using the latest Driver from nvidia

P4 3.2/800
Intel Mobo with 875
1gig corsair twinx (2-3-2-6)
Raptor 36gb
geforce bfg 6800gt (370/1000)
windows xp home sp2
Audigy 2zs gamer

All the latest drivers. Everyone seems to be getting higher scores. No OC whatsoever except from factory with bfg. Nvidia options are set to default settings.
joejanisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 01:46 AM   #2
anzak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,553
Default Re: 3756 for 3d05

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejanisse
3756 seems low to me. Am I missing some optimizations? Using the latest Driver from nvidia

P4 3.2/800
Intel Mobo with 875
1gig corsair twinx (2-3-2-6)
Raptor 36gb
geforce bfg 6800gt (370/1000)
windows xp home sp2
Audigy 2zs gamer

All the latest drivers. Everyone seems to be getting higher scores. No OC whatsoever except from factory with bfg. Nvidia options are set to default settings.
*sigh* Another day, another thread about a low 3DMark05 score. No, you don't have the latest drivers. You have the latest official drivers or something other than the 66.xx drivers which give a 800 - 1000 point boost. Go to www.guru3d.com and download the 66.70 or 66.81 drivers.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 03:20 PM   #3
Xplode
 
Xplode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 166
Default Re: 3756 for 3d05

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzak
*sigh* Another day, another thread about a low 3DMark05 score. No, you don't have the latest drivers. You have the latest official drivers or something other than the 66.xx drivers which give a 800 - 1000 point boost. Go to www.guru3d.com and download the 66.70 or 66.81 drivers.

never know...might have to do something with his comp...
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 06:58 PM   #4
anzak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,553
Default Re: 3756 for 3d05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode
never know...might have to do something with his comp...
The pre 66.00 drivers score around give a score of around 3700 for a GT and 3900 for an Ultra.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-04, 10:01 AM   #5
Warden13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 173
Default Re: 3756 for 3d05

Keep in mind though that while the 66.xx series gives a nice increase in 3DMark 05, a lot of people (including me) are reporting game bugs and IQ issues with them.

IMHO Nvidia driver development has gone down the crapper the past 4-6 months.

Warden
__________________
A64X2-4400@2900 (Watercooled)
DFI Infinity SLI
EVGA 8800GTS@560/830
Warden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-04, 04:10 PM   #6
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun
 
Nutty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,835
Send a message via MSN to Nutty
Default Re: 3756 for 3d05

Quote:
The pre 66.00 drivers score around give a score of around 3700 for a GT and 3900 for an Ultra.
Just ran it, got 3904. My cpu is currently 2.1ghz. Looks like I'm doing ok. That was on Highest quality setting with 61.77 drivers. 3dmark seems to glitch alot at the end of loading the cpu tests.. The screen would go weird for a bit before the rendering started.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.