Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-01-04, 04:21 AM   #25
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Default Re: Half-Life 2's Multiplayer Mode Is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Well... this is the worst thing ever. I thought they were saying there was going to be some revolutionary multiplayer... now we get a crappy counter strike with the same crappy graphics and a few new things.

I was hoping for some good multiplayer... but now I know it will suck.

i was thinking in the same line... the way i understood this ,CS source is a copy/paste of the original game with better graphics and maybe a few more things . and while the action is intense , never liked the buy weapon thing in a counter terrorist game. i was mostly interested in Hl2 Mp capabilities (since already was spoiled by the singleplayer beta) wich a mp was looking more promising than the original mp in Hl1. thanks to the physics engine and the Gravity gun. MP capabilities that just recently discovered doesnt exist.

means that we will need to depend from the MOd community to finish the game where they left it . just like with Doom3. its incredible that a game took soo much time ~6 years and it doesnt even ship with its own Mp .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile
I don't see the problem. I'm sure someone will develop a multiplayer HL2 eventually.

It's more economical if the developers were to think this way:

"What bother with the multiplayer which 99% will probably complain about, when we already have a mod community that will make one for us for FREE!"
because Counterstrike plays completely diferent than Hl. its not HL ,but a mod conversion of a counterterrorist game. so the same concept will be in Hl2. but yes , someone will do a mod for it ,but it will be better if the main developers already inlude it in their game. their skills and resources are greater.

Last edited by Nv40; 10-01-04 at 04:44 AM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-04, 09:29 AM   #26
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Wait a minute, didn't we saw some screenshot that was announced as a HL2 Multiplayer shot at some point? Give me a few moments and I'll find it...

EDIT: Image is now uploaded

CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-04, 09:33 AM   #27
superklye

Damn...I was convinced that TF2 would be included in the game as MP also...I'd been saying since the announcement of HL2 that it would be, but I guess not.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-04, 09:43 AM   #28
majortom
Done

Send a message via AIM to majortom

now TF2 would be a surprise. that would at least explain the lameassed delay.
- cool!
- oh wait, never mind. i just peed on myself

---------------------------------------------------------
Mein Comp!:
MSI 6380 kt266| XP 1700+| 512M PC3200 @ 266mhz | 80 gig | MSI radeon 9800 pro 128m (r360 core)| nec 2500a 8x single layer burn (dl hack)| thermaltake silentpower 420W PSU| POS generic case| Grado SR 60 headphones
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-04, 11:48 AM   #29
jbirney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv40
i was thinking in the same line... the way i understood this ,CS source is a copy/paste of the original game with better graphics and maybe a few more things . and while the action is intense , never liked the buy weapon thing in a counter terrorist game. i was mostly interested in Hl2 Mp capabilities (since already was spoiled by the singleplayer beta) wich a mp was looking more promising than the original mp in Hl1. thanks to the physics engine and the Gravity gun. MP capabilities that just recently discovered doesnt exist.

CS: Soruce is not really cut and paste. They took some things from Condtion Zero and from the last CS1.6 and combined them together. So its more of the best of both worlds. I know a few here are upset. But again you realize that you folks are an extremely small minority. CS has been the cash cow keeping them alive for the last 3 years. Value owns CS. I see nothing wrong with making it the MP part of HL as it still is the most popular game played on-line. Besides...Value gave us the crappy Q1 maps in HL1 as on add on; so whos to say they wont add DM/CTF later as a "add on"?
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-04, 12:00 PM   #30
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Why you don't just wait for the Mod Community to create a DM or TF2? I'm not than sure that they will. I'm just glad that Half Life 2 is making ANY progress! I'm getting really excited about HL2's release and cannot wait to download my own personal copy. Counter Strike looks to be fun, never really PLAYED the first one. I think HL2 will be a big treat for me.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-04, 12:17 PM   #31
Slyder
AMD + Nv = pro gaming rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Umm, the original multiplayer in Half-life sucked.
It started out ok, but sucked pretty much around the same time as PunkBuster came out for other games. Since then everyone took there cheats to Half Life and Counter Strike.

If the first Half Life is anything to go, I wouldnt be to disapointed, because without PB, a multiplayer game is **** full stop
Maxtor 6Y080L0 7200rpm 80 gig DiamondMax Plus 9 HDD
Gigabyte Dual 6600GT SLI Enabled
CTX VL701B 17ins CRT 0.27dpi 72khz MPRII Black
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
BenQ DW1655 LS DVD-Rewriter with BCDB f/w (ohh yes, get on)
LiteOn 48246S CD writer with SS0E f/w
NTL 10 meg cable connection thru Ambit 250 modem. Ethernet connected
Linksys BEFSR41 v3 router with 1.05.00 f/w
Enermax 535 watts SLI-Ready PSU
XP pro with SP2
Playing multiplayer games online and lan enabled untill the day we die.

What I think of the word Blog
Slyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-04, 01:47 PM   #32
anzak

I could care less about CS. Bring on SP and DoD:Source!

I hate what Valve has done. Buying up all of the best mods and making people buy them for half life 2. For example the bronze package will include HL2 and CS:Source where the Silver package will include HL2, CS:Source, and DoD:Source and finally the Gold will include HL2, CS:Source, DoD:Source, and Half Life:Source (original on new source engine).

I guess im getting gold then.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-04, 03:39 PM   #33
Edge
3d animator for hire!

I thought DoD:S was only availible in the Gold package, then HL:S would be in the Silver package, and then all versions of it would include CS:S? And they did buy up the mods, but they still give the originals out for free. It's just that the remade Source versions are only availible with HL2. Personally, I wish they did that with Natural Selection, I'd LOVE to see a Source version of that but the development team isn't so sure that they're going to port it. Oh, and it really wouldn't suprise me if they made DoD:S availible to all versions of the game later on. If it's only availible in a certain package, not many people are going to play it.

Though now that I think about it, I'm almost wondering if they didn't make a normal HL2 Deathmatch BECAUSE of the game mechanics of the game. I mean things like the physics gun are really cool, but in an online environment Lag could be an absolute killer to those physics, not to mention balancing issues with it. Still, the more I think about it the more I think it would've been nice if they could've just added a few DM levels and HL2 weapons and called it a multiplayer mode, but it still seems like it would get really old, really quick.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-04, 04:22 PM   #34
Zeta

Once again. I really dont know what rocks you have been living under but this is 6 month to a year old news that CS:S would BE half life 2 multiplayer. As far as buying weapons every round... You only have to buy new weapons when you die and for a while now they have had auto buy. Based on how much money you have you just hit your auto buy key and it will load you up with weapons, ammo, armor and grenades. You can even customize the script with the weapons/items you prefer. And bunny hopping was fixed like 2 years ago or so.

As far as it just being a port over... have you seen CS: Source? If not then go download some videos. Yes the map layout is similar but thats it. EVREYTHING has been redone. The textures, skins, weapons, explosions, effects basically everything has been redone.

I am playing CS: Source with people that hated Counter-strike but they love CS:Source.
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-04, 01:30 AM   #35
CaptNKILL
CUBE

This is pretty old but since its "old news" that CS is Half-Life's multiplayer, then what does this mean:
http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/

"There will be drivable vehicles in both single and multiplayer. "

Its Planet Half-Life's HL2 FAQ... and they say vehicles in multiplayer. If the mutliplayer is CS, does that mean there may be vehicles in CS?

I doubt it because this is pretty old, but Its deffinitely interesting. CS with vehicles (even 1 or 2) would be pretty damn cool
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote