Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-15-04, 01:30 PM   #13
GamerGuyX

Default Re: An Ode to nv2X marchitecture **HALO 2 SCREENSHOTS**

I am surprised nobody has seen these screenshots before. They were released awhile ago.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 04:48 PM   #14
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Default Re: An Ode to nv2X marchitecture **HALO 2 SCREENSHOTS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by msxyz
None of the Xbox games runs at native 1080i.
Actually, there are a few: Syberia, Dragon's Lair 3d, and some motocross game. 720p games are more common, though still fairly rare.

And yeah, those are just dev screenshots, but it's still technically being rendered by Xbox "hardware" (it just wouldn't run at a very high framerate if they kept it like that ). On most standard TVs it will look great though, I played Doom 3 for a little bit on my non-progressive 35" TV, it still looked spectacular, and I didn't even have AA or aniso on! Some of those details are insane when you consider the game is going to be run at 640x480, just look at the viens and bumps on the Elite's hand in the second screenshot. It is very impressive the effects you can get out of hardware when you optimise for it, I've been playing Kingdom Under Fire recently and it's amazing how much detail is on the screen, there are battles with literally over a hundred units on the screen at once and every one has far more detail than the soldiers in Halo 1 had (and each are supposedly made of between 3000 and 4000 polygons each, that's more than most of Doom 3's monsters!).
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote