Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-19-04, 12:14 PM   #1
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Thumbs up Half-Life 2 Interview

Check it out
http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=26901

Quote:
HomeLAN - Finally, we have to ask: is Team Fortress 2 officially a dead project or is that game in some kind of production?
Doug Lombardi - TF2 is not dead at all. After we announced TF2 on the HL1 tech, we made the decision to move it to the Source Engine. It is still in development and we will be announcing more on that title after HL2 ships.

Last edited by jAkUp; 10-19-04 at 12:38 PM.
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-04, 12:20 PM   #2
Vash
Angel Arms

Default Re: Half-Life 2 Interview

JakUp, you are a machine. Thanks, man!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-04, 12:50 PM   #3
Riptide

LMAO

Quote:
We've met with folks in Hollywood to discuss the idea of an HL movie. But around the time we hear, "And then Gordon falls in love..." we usually head back to Seattle screaming.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-04, 02:05 PM   #4
DMA
Zzzleepy

Quote:
HomeLAN - What graphical features will Half-Life Source have compared to Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source?

Doug Lombardi - In terms of graphics, Half-Life: Source is the most straightforward of the Source porting work done thus far. These ports began as tests to see what MOD authors would experience if they attempted to bring their HL1 MODs forward to Source. HL: Source was the first test, and proved quite informative. But unlike CS: Source, which included new art and audio throughout, folks here had pretty firm opinions about not changing the content in HL1.
H-L: Source was the reason i went for the silver package. But that doesn't sound too hot.
Old 10-19-04, 02:07 PM   #5
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I don't really care about the graphics in HL: Source as much as I want to see the physics engine implemented. If that's not there, I'm gonna be seriously cheesed that I spent $80 on the collector's edition.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-04, 02:14 PM   #6
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I was debating on whether or not to get the Silver or Bronze package. I went ahead and got the bronze because I realized that I didn't like the 1st HL. I'm just ready for HL2!

jakUp, you are a forum bot or something lol.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 01:11 AM   #7
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
I don't really care about the graphics in HL: Source as much as I want to see the physics engine implemented. If that's not there, I'm gonna be seriously cheesed that I spent $80 on the collector's edition.
True, lately that $80 Collector's Edition has been sounding worse and worse, especially when HL:S is going to be included in the Silver package. I hope someone comes out with a high-def pack for HL:S...actually are they even using the models from Blue Shift? Or the original HL1 models?
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 01:33 PM   #8
theultimo
DoD + Sharepoint=Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
True, lately that $80 Collector's Edition has been sounding worse and worse, especially when HL:S is going to be included in the Silver package. I hope someone comes out with a high-def pack for HL:S...actually are they even using the models from Blue Shift? Or the original HL1 models?
The blue shift models.
theultimo is offline   Reply With Quote