Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-23-04, 02:19 AM   #1
Madoron

Default Old box driving me nuts! Hope you guys might know...

OK here we go...

I have an old PC setup, from around 4 years back now. Its running an Athalon 1.33(133fsb) on a Abit KT7-Raid mb, with 512MB(133fsb) Ram. Now, I have just stuck my fx5200 which I had lying around into it. Sorted windows drivers for mb, and flashed mb bios. Also running with 66.81 forceware.

The problem comes when I try to run 3dmark01... When it hits the 2nd car chase test, with high detail, about 1s after it starts, it resets the PC.

Now I have been searching all over for problems with the mb, for prolbems with the fx card and the mobo... and just plain problems that could be it.... I am literally at my witts end! Does anyone have any idea why this might be doing this? Im thinking now it might be down to something in 3dmark01 not licking my setup... because the same card was running perfectly in my main setup up until 2 days ago? Perhaps I am putting too much stress on the old MB with such a new card comparitively?

Well any thoughts or suggestions I would really appreciate! Thanks in advance!
Madoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-04, 11:13 AM   #2
Sworkhard
Persistence Pays Off

Default Re: Old box driving me nuts! Hope you guys might know...

I don't know that I can help you, but I do know that a lot of KT7-Raid mb's had problems. I personally had a KT7a-Raid mobo and after exchanging it twice, I went to a different mobo which worked perfectly. It seemed to me that the 12 volt power was too low so that whenever it was under load, it would reset (and the hard drive would spin down to only start after POSTing). was running a T-bird 800mhz at the time and a 400watt PSU. It had a Gforce 2-mx card in it at the time.
Old 10-23-04, 02:29 PM   #3
Madoron

Default Re: Old box driving me nuts! Hope you guys might know...

Hmm thanks for that reply! Not good to hear that this MB seems to have its problems... as I just bought it! :P Oh well... didnt pay too much for it... Time to start looking for anotehr board! Really apprecaite the reply again!

Mad.
Madoron is offline   Reply With Quote