Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-04, 07:04 PM   #97
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Just finished HALO 2

Quote:
All you people who are so quick to flame him for pirating, YOU ARE JUMPING ON YOUR HIGH-HORSE. If you're so bothered go and ****ing complain to the authorities about him. Flaming him and telling him your views on the matter ain't going to change anything. Nor will your "I'm going to ignore you because your a thief!". You changed a thread about one thing into something else completely, just so you could jump on your high horse.
If calling a spade a spade is jumping on a high horse in your little world, then so be it.

Quote:
Also, to the Mods, if this thread was about HL2, it would have been closed instantly I believe.
Since it's still open, what you believe is pretty irrelevant at this point.

Quote:
Hey, but its your forums...
And you're free to leave them at any time. The door's to your left, right, in front of you, behind you or wherever.
Old 10-25-04, 07:19 PM   #98
Buenamos

Personally, I loved the first one on xbconnect and frequently went to LAN tournaments in other towns......and this, well things are more evened out. There are some bad things, but the new stuff still makes it a hell of a game. The multiplayer is unbelievably fun on a good host and the netcode is incredible. The graphics are amazing, the story line is still great, which was one of the best things about halo 1. Simply put, it's a great sequel.
Gaming PC: KOOLANCE PC3-410BK / SILVERSTONE ST70F 700W Modular / Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 / Swiftech Apogee GT Block /Asus P5Q Pro / 2x2gb 1066 G-Skill / EVGA GTX570 / 2 x Asus VH242 1080p monitors / Audigy Xi-Fi Platinum / Seagate 160gb HDD / Seagate 500gb HDD

Laptop: Inspiron 1520 15.4" LCD/ Intel Core 2 Duo 7300 (2ghz) / 2 gb RAM / 8600m GT / 80gb HDD / N Wireless / Blue Tooth

Media Center: AMD 4400+ / 2 gb OCZ Platinum / EVGA 9800gt / Audigty 2ZS / 42" LG 1080p 120hz / 3 x 1.5tb HDDs

Xbox 360 / Wii
Old 10-25-04, 07:39 PM   #99
npras42
Hi Everybody!

I never said anything about leaving. Why would you be so pleased if I were to leave... What have I actually done wrong? Stated that I think mods should do something next time??? I didn't flame-bait. I didn't flame. I don't think I said anything too unreasonable. You don't have to go dissecting everyone's posts you know, so you can pick out individual sentences, take them out of the context and make a sarcastic/flaming comment about them. If you don't want to listen to me use the ignore feature instead.

And yes, I do think you're jumping on your high horse. Do you want to know why!? Because I think your motives for making all these pointless posts, that have nothing to do with the topic, is to prove that you are good and that you don't pirate. You actually don't give a toss what this guy does, and how he obtains his games. You're more bothered about making a point over and over and over, that is in line with the accepted views of this forum in general. Its actually a form of bullying. I don't think you were the first to condemn his piracy, but you did jump in with the crowd, so that this could turn in to a mass flaming.

So I kinda know what you are going to say: What do you know about me? What proof do you have that I am behaving that way for that reason? How childish do you think I am, attacking a guy, for no other reason than to raise my social standing etc etc?

And you know I don't know anything about you... Yet you know nothing about me either, nor about the guy who made this thread either. Yet you have villainised him and made him out as an all-out bad guy.
Old 10-25-04, 07:41 PM   #100
shinrai

When Halo first came out and many gamers played it , it had the most stunning graphics (pixel/vertex shading etc). Sure now it looks crap but most of you guys are so used to playing with top computer graphics that you are not forgiving to an architecture that is 3 years old.

How can anyone that has watched all the videos on Halo 2 not say that it doesn't look better than the first. An video doesn't even do the real thing justice most of the time. So to the guy who has chosen to upset the applecart and be a total ****, i don't believe you! Those videos i've watched so many times look too damn good to support any of your comments.

Hey, if you are right, i guess i'll be taking advantage of EB's return policy.
Old 10-25-04, 07:44 PM   #101
npras42
Hi Everybody!

Heh, well I've seen lots of [EDIT]screenshots of it and I don't think the graphics look that great. Better than the first but maybe he has a little bit of a short memory and thinks the first looked better than it did. Anyway, wasn't a great fan of the first's gameply but that doesn't mean I'm writing off this one.
Old 10-25-04, 07:53 PM   #102
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

npras42, what the heck are you thinking?

Your attitude and way of addressing the problem is clearly out of line. Your method of questioning the policy I used is, um, sorry, but it's COMPLETELY shady... I wont put up with it, or even you for that matter. Good-bye.

Before you leave, you might wanna think about lurking for a while at some other forums and learn how to post maturely and have some respect.

Now, I will close this thread. Because of him, not the previous problem.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

Old 10-25-04, 09:33 PM   #103
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by npras42
I never said anything about leaving. Why would you be so pleased if I were to leave... What have I actually done wrong? Stated that I think mods should do something next time??? I didn't flame-bait. I didn't flame. I don't think I said anything too unreasonable. You don't have to go dissecting everyone's posts you know, so you can pick out individual sentences, take them out of the context and make a sarcastic/flaming comment about them. If you don't want to listen to me use the ignore feature instead.

And yes, I do think you're jumping on your high horse. Do you want to know why!? Because I think your motives for making all these pointless posts, that have nothing to do with the topic, is to prove that you are good and that you don't pirate. You actually don't give a toss what this guy does, and how he obtains his games. You're more bothered about making a point over and over and over, that is in line with the accepted views of this forum in general. Its actually a form of bullying. I don't think you were the first to condemn his piracy, but you did jump in with the crowd, so that this could turn in to a mass flaming.

So I kinda know what you are going to say: What do you know about me? What proof do you have that I am behaving that way for that reason? How childish do you think I am, attacking a guy, for no other reason than to raise my social standing etc etc?

And you know I don't know anything about you... Yet you know nothing about me either, nor about the guy who made this thread either. Yet you have villainised him and made him out as an all-out bad guy.
You don't know when to shut-up do you? That crap about accepted views of this forum is a form of bullying is ridiculous. You need to learn something about the law. It was by MY mistake this thread was not closed. Leave ragejg out of it he's been more patient with people in this thread than I would of been.
Closed Thread