Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-30-04, 09:00 PM   #61
theultimo
DoD + Sharepoint=Headache

Default Re: Something that concerns me about the "internet registration" of HL2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlitchford
Back to Half Life 2, though...

Another way that this activation will hurts us...well, some of us...is the fact that I go to a very lame school. CNU has the worst internet ever. We have ports open for AIM, Windows Update, and the web...thats about it. No games over IP, no Lan, no Mirc even without some fanagling. Steam? Ha...doesn't work. And since our phones here are over IP as well, I can't even dial up to activate. If Valve doesn't offer phone activation, then I'm screwed (there goes 80 bucks...).

There were lots of CS fans here last year, hundreds and hundreds played(this is before the crippling...), so I know there is a market here. I'm just praying that there is a viable phone activation.

Does anyone else have a similar problem at thier school?
Meself stuck on a 1 Acre Farm w/ no internet other then 56k, but I did download HL2 in a month and waiting for the 16th..
theultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-04, 01:55 AM   #62
Diamond_G

Default Re: Something that concerns me about the "internet registration" of HL2...

I think we could all look at the bright side, at least you don't have to pay extra to get a steam account... I bet that would irritate a few of you, pay 80 bucks for a game then spend another 9.95 to get and account and have to pay 10 bucks a month to keep it...
PNY Geforce 6800 (o/c 399/829)
Diamond_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-04, 02:41 AM   #63
ynnek

Heh, my school did that in my junior year.. it sucked.. although I moved off campus by then, and decided to concentrate on school.. one of my other friends moed off campus too and got DSL instead... and flunked out.. lol and another guy stayed on campus, couldn't play vid games.. very depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlitchford
Back to Half Life 2, though...

Another way that this activation will hurts us...well, some of us...is the fact that I go to a very lame school. CNU has the worst internet ever. We have ports open for AIM, Windows Update, and the web...thats about it. No games over IP, no Lan, no Mirc even without some fanagling. Steam? Ha...doesn't work. And since our phones here are over IP as well, I can't even dial up to activate. If Valve doesn't offer phone activation, then I'm screwed (there goes 80 bucks...).

There were lots of CS fans here last year, hundreds and hundreds played(this is before the crippling...), so I know there is a market here. I'm just praying that there is a viable phone activation.

Does anyone else have a similar problem at thier school?
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-04, 08:27 AM   #64
Knot3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=DVS=-
I always pirate companys products who screw REAL customers and or overprise , greedy Corporations will learn one day when they start looseing cash and or management will be replaced.

I wonder why stupid people always get to be managers or CEO of something important.

When they start looseing money they always blame users or pirates for stealing they perfect products
Thanx DVS ! That little story made my day ! As a designer at a webcompany I'm kinda like that story's tech guy to my projectmanager.
Old 11-01-04, 07:50 AM   #65
FluxCap
7900GT

You can sell your login information if you want. Sorry if this was posted but I didn't want to read all this.
FluxCap is offline   Reply With Quote