Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-30-04, 03:26 AM   #1
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Default Damnit, they stole my idea...but I guess that's not a bad thing: JP mod for Farcry!

OK, it wasn't exactly an overly original idea to begin with, but if nothing else at least this means it has a chance of getting done :
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault...icpark_fc.html
www.jpmod.com

Basically, a Jurrasic Park mod for Farcry which (of course) means you'll be traveling through the island of Jurrasic Park (or Site B?) battling dinosaurs. Personally I'm very excited for this: for the longest time I've been looking for a good FPS that has you battling velociraptors and T-rexes, and now it looks like it's actually being made! So far it looks pretty cool, although it certanly is a lot different from my idea of a Trespasser update, it looks more standard for an FPS game rather than one with a reliance on physics and immersiveness (from what little has been shown of it).

I'm actually considering filling in the animator possition they have, even though I have no idea what program is used to animate in Farcry and there may be a language barrior (since it seems the mod is entirely German based). Not to mention I'd prefer to just start my idea of a Trespasser update rather than join a different mod on it (and more mods never hurts a game ). I just hope they don't get shut down...will the Jurrasic Park lisence holders allow a mod to be done when there are still Jurassic Park games being made?
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-04, 03:31 AM   #2
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Default Re: Damnit, they stole my idea...but I guess that's not a bad thing: JP mod for Farcry!

awww... this bring backs memories of trespasser well, if done right this can be an amazing mod
Old 10-30-04, 03:38 AM   #3
Arioch

Default Re: Damnit, they stole my idea...but I guess that's not a bad thing: JP mod for Farcry!

Both me and my best friend both noted that the Far Cry engine would be an excellent base for a Trespasser remake the first time we played it.

Hopefully the project turns out well.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-04, 05:39 AM   #4
K007

It looks like crap to me...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-04, 09:04 PM   #5
hithere

Default Re: Damnit, they stole my idea...but I guess that's not a bad thing: JP mod for Farcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007
It looks like crap to me...
...a thread crap, that is....
hithere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-04, 04:43 AM   #6
ajay()

I'll be really surprised if they'll be allowed to keep all the JP imagery and references in it, they'll probably be getting a remove or else mail soon.

I wonder if the xisle dino models could be used?

Having said that, I hope it works out great for them
ajay() is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-04, 07:14 PM   #7
nVidiaGuru
nvidias #1 fanboy!

Send a message via AIM to nVidiaGuru Send a message via Yahoo to nVidiaGuru

if done right the cryengine would be the perfect engine for a JP game, after watching that video even farcry has a JP feel to it as far as the environment
nVidiaGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-04, 07:32 PM   #8
superklye

The T-Rex model looks...terrible.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-04, 08:20 PM   #9
Edge
3d animator for hire!

I donno, I thought the model looked OK, the texturing is just off (you're refering to the pic on the front page, right?). If they can make a realistic looking T-rex in the Trespasser engine, I'm sure it wouldn't take much work to make it look good in Farcry!
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-04, 08:56 PM   #10
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I donno, I thought the model looked OK, the texturing is just off (you're refering to the pic on the front page, right?). If they can make a realistic looking T-rex in the Trespasser engine, I'm sure it wouldn't take much work to make it look good in Farcry!
Yeah, I would hope so...the head model of the T-Rex is just atrocious. They should watch Jurassic Park and get it down.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote