Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-11-02, 02:05 PM   #13
VeritechK7
Just lurking

Send a message via ICQ to VeritechK7 Send a message via AIM to VeritechK7 Send a message via Yahoo to VeritechK7

I would like one too.. looks like i'll be job hunting. My parents give me random allowance i swear.. like every once in a while 20 bucks. :/ i'm still waiting on that 100 bucks i should be getting for building my dad's friend's computer.. I feel cheated at times when people use me for my so called computer building skills :/

"When you understand the root, you understand all of its blossoming"- Bruce Lee
VeritechK7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-02, 02:49 PM   #14
Starscream
Decepticook

Quote:
Originally posted by VeritechK7
I feel cheated at times when people use me for my so called computer building skills :/
I used to feel that way sometimes too. Now before I even touch someones pc I tell them up front it's 20 bucks an hour. No negotation, if you don't like it bring it to a store and pay at least 40-50 an hour. If there's any BS about the money after the job is done, I will NEVER help them with any sort of problem again.
Old 12-11-02, 06:38 PM   #15
DXnfiniteFX

I am beta testing Generals. I'm in their multiplayer test. Anyone interested in reading the stories I wrote? Some of them were good enough to be posted online. I will post the link if I get interest generated here.

To tell you the truth, Generals sometimes feels slow. Then again, I'm forced to play online and I only have a 56k connection. However, I wonder if DX9 will change that situation, as Generals is supposedly DX9. How the heck it is running on DX8 (which we all have and DX9 is NOT being released today) I don't know, but I'm not complaing.

This game ROCKS!
845-D
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
Sound Blaster Live!
80 GB 7200 RPM
DXnfiniteFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-02, 06:44 PM   #16
VeritechK7
Just lurking

Send a message via ICQ to VeritechK7 Send a message via AIM to VeritechK7 Send a message via Yahoo to VeritechK7

same experience when running UT whch is dx7 when i ony had 6.1 installed

"When you understand the root, you understand all of its blossoming"- Bruce Lee
VeritechK7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-02, 07:15 PM   #17
StealthHawk

Default Re: Re: Re: DANG!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sytaylor
anyone else noticed that everything is late? the geforce fx, dx9 and the latest 3d mark! who is everyone waiting for?! interesting huh?
well, the next 3dmark will need to be released after DX9.

video cards never have to really "wait" for DX releases, ATI released the R300 long ago, and that was a DX9 card. Parhelia had some DX9 features and was out even earlier.

lastly, games.

we still have very few DX8 games. so either devs will basically skip DX8 and jump straight to 9 with backwards compatibility for 8, or DX9 games will be a long, long time in coming
Old 12-12-02, 01:25 AM   #18
SavagePaladin
info*****

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: DANG!!

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
we still have very few DX8 games. so either devs will basically skip DX8 and jump straight to 9 with backwards compatibility for 8, or DX9 games will be a long, long time in coming
I suspect, based on the supposed fact that dx9 is simpler, they will jump to 9. Devs said dx8 specific hardware wasn't that great, and 9 should change all that, iirc.
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-02, 08:42 AM   #19
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

yeah i saw an article saying how dx8 wasn't really an ideal jump over dx7, it wasnt devloper friendly at all, wheras nine is a massive leap... so its gonna take time but a year from now we'll start reaping the rewards of this gutsy move by an industry in hard times
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote