Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-12-05, 11:25 AM   #73
InqWoN1776
Libertiné

Send a message via AIM to InqWoN1776 Send a message via MSN to InqWoN1776
Default Re: Why is Nintendo ignoring Adult Gamers?

You obviously haven't read all of my posts because I said that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was my favorite game for ps1 and I was speaking about 3d not 2d capabilities of ps1.
Old 02-12-05, 11:36 AM   #74
|MaguS|

I skim alot Too much to keep up with...
Old 02-12-05, 11:38 AM   #75
InqWoN1776
Libertiné

I think it's awesome that if you can find Symphony of the Night it's going to cost you like $50 even being used.
Old 02-12-05, 11:45 AM   #76
|MaguS|

Really? THe walmart near me has the GH Version instock for $19.99.
Old 02-12-05, 01:12 PM   #77
InqWoN1776
Libertiné

The last time I walked in Game Stop there was a used version in there for 40 something and that's the only thing I'm really going on. It was used. I thought it was a mistype or something and I asked the guy about it. He told that's what that game goes for even though it's so old. I don't really know but this was the original version. There are a few auctions on ebay that have it around $44.00 and there some for less but I was at Game Stop. You know these people are going to try to make a dollar.

Last edited by InqWoN1776; 02-12-05 at 01:23 PM.
InqWoN1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 06:52 PM   #78
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

a little off topic but this sums up the console industry pretty good *glares at nintendo*
http://www.dreamora.com/bored/decline.htm
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 08:42 PM   #79
hypertek

im 20, but i grew up on nintendo brand stuff.. NES, game boy, SNES, N64, but then i traded that to my older bro for his Playstation back in 98. Ever since then, I never got back into nintendo.

I played a lil of the DS at EB games, and i liked the system, but if the games are going to be kiddiesh, then i probably wont get one. Back in the day, sure the kiddy games werent bad, until we got a taste of violence and more adult action.... which Nintendo just doesnt catch on.....

Id hate to see them turn into Sega....
4gb ddr2 800
2X Seagate 320hd 7200.10 Raid 0
Creative X-fi Xtreme Music
Logitec X-530 5.1 surround system
Ultra 500w PSU
hypertek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 10:25 PM   #80
killahsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaylor
I think they just never caught up with how the industry has moved through the early 90s to now. At the beginning of the 90s, just like music everything was well produced kids stuff... but then nirvana came along and BAM we have a bit of grain in the mainstream again. The playstation did that for the gamers, and nintendo refuse to accept it. Also, there is a definiate gaming generation which has grown up with games, and what they were buying 15 years ago is different to what they are buying now. While younger kids don't have the simplistic games to get them into gaming... by and large "kids games" don't sell because they're not as cool as GTA etc..

I think this is 100% true. Somewhere along the line nintendo forgot about the gamers that played zelda super mario brothers, donkey kong etc and so forth. They frogot we grew up. So they split their audiance basically. The only game i currently buy nintendo systems for is zelda, thats it. Sad isn't it when i grew up on almost all their games. Just nintendo never grew up with me. So while nintendo is stuck thinking that the same playstyle, story, concept will be fun to kids of all generations. They have lost their adult market, at the same time spliting their original fans, and misunderstanding the late 90s and 2k+(media) generation completly.
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-05, 07:30 PM   #81
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

I was quite disheartened to hear that Rare had been sold to Microsoft, seeing as Rare was one of the main developers that Nintendo had going for it. Look at it's list of smash hit titles: Donkey Kong Country (for Snes) 1, 2, 3 and 4, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Starfox Adventures, Conkers Bad Fur Day (donkey kong 64 doesn't count. That was a flop). When Rare got sold they lost entire rights to Donkey Kong, Joanna Dark, Conker, etc... Sure they get licensing from rare to feature donkey kong in games now, but that's not the point. Rare was one of the main developers for Nintendo that kept the sales high. Now Nintendo have to rely on Silicon Knights, Game Freak and a few others for 2nd party games. I mean sure, they might have the worlds best games designer (shigeru miyamoto) but that doesn't count for much when they seem to have forgotten his ideas about new games (kiddy and adult) and rehashed his old ideas. Satoru Iwata better wake up and realise some of the potential that he still has under his control and release good games for both generations, or they will be lost and will end up like Sega.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 08:00 PM   #82
InqWoN1776
Libertiné

Satoru Iwata has only been head of Nintendo since 02 and hasn't launched a console yet. Well, the sp ofcourse but I mean home console. So, he could still do something.
Old 02-13-05, 09:47 PM   #83
Zelda_fan

I dont' think Nintendo will become a sega for quite some time. There products are just selling two well. Sega basically put all there eggs in the Dreamcast and got screwed. Nintendo has three systems: GBA, DS, and GameCube. The gamecube sales aren't great, but it's holding it's own. The GBA is successful as ever, and as of now, Nintendo owns the handheld market bar none. The DS (their most expensive system on the market) is selling incredible - way beyond what Nintendo predicted it would sell. I'd say they could screw around for at least 4 more years before they start getting worried. I don't believe they will screw around, but thanks to the sales of their handhelds they have a lot of cushion.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote