Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-18-05, 07:14 AM   #1
jpadfield

Default Dual monitor problems on x86-64 Linux, with pci-express Quadro FX 3400

Hi

I am having problems getting both of my DVI lcd monitors working at the same time.

I am running SuSE 9.2 on a x86-64 system with a pci-express Quadro FX 3400. The new nvidia driver (x86_64-1.0-7167) has solved various problems and my system now works well with a single monitor but I still can not get the second monitor to run.

I have tried a variety of different settings, with twinview and defining the two monitors individually. I have manged to get both monitors working independently, and both display the startup screens at the same time during boot up. But I have been unable to get both running together once the Xserver starts up.

What I would like to know is:

Should it be possible to get both working with the Xserver, or is a dual monitor pci-express, x86-64 system not supported yet.

If it is possible could someone recomend the best approach so that I can test it and post the appropriate log files

Thanks

Joe Padfield
jpadfield is offline   Reply With Quote