Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-21-04, 09:52 AM   #1
clyne

Default Xeon EM64 and PCI-Express

Anyone had any luck on an Intel Xeon EM64 system with a PCI Express bus under linux? I've got a Quardo FX 3400 card, running RH Enterprise that manages to hang itself on all OpenGL apps tested so far. Anyone else out there been able to make this combination work with any nvidia drivers?

thanks - jc
1.303.497.1236 (v), 1.303.497.1239 (fax)
clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-04, 10:00 AM   #2
jds7717

Default Re: Xeon EM64 and PCI-Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyne
Anyone had any luck on an Intel Xeon EM64 system with a PCI Express bus under linux? I've got a Quardo FX 3400 card, running RH Enterprise that manages to hang itself on all OpenGL apps tested so far. Anyone else out there been able to make this combination work with any nvidia drivers?

thanks - jc
Hey, I am having a very similar problem. We have a Dell Precision 370 which has a P4 EM64 processor and a PCI Express Quadro FX 3400. I am also running RH Enterprise 3.0--the SCSI card that came with the system forces us to run this distribution since there aren't drivers available for Fedora, RH9, etc. It hangs randomly when using OpenGL applications. I can log into the machine remotely (most of the time) and kill the X server which is using 100% CPU to get the machine back. I am using driver version 6111 with not much luck. I am about to try an older driver to see if that helps at all.
jds7717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 08:42 PM   #3
jpadfield

Default Re: Xeon EM64 and PCI-Express

Hi,

I have managed to get it working under Suse 9.2, on a dual Xeon EM64 with a Quadro 3400. THere were problems with the nvidia driver but the latest version 7xxx seem to fix them.

The RH server that came with the machine had a lot of problems with the nvidia system, no joy at all, but Suse 9.2 works

However I can not seem to get two monitors working at the same time yet. :-(

J Padfield
jpadfield is offline   Reply With Quote