Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-19-05, 10:03 PM   #13
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick
Default Re: My first laptop . . . iBook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Hmmm . . . I think we need some kind of Mac discussion on here. Are oldsk00l and my self the only Mac people here? Macs have come a long way and I guess I'm one of the proud "switchers". I've found that using this laptop can cause a loss of a few hours here and there

Anyways, I can't wait for the "Tiger" release. I was watching the KeyNote from last year's WWDC and it had Jobs telling all about Tiger's new features; pretty interesting stuff. Has anyone here seen the new Codec Apple is releasing with Tiger? "H.264" supports newer HD-DVDs and also enhances DVD quality while staying at the same data transfer rate.

Mac OS X Panther has really impressed me with all that it has. I'm finding all kinds of goodies here and there.
Isnt tiger the one where every pixel on screen is going to go though the 3d pipe line?
Old 03-19-05, 10:21 PM   #14
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowStick
Isnt tiger the one where every pixel on screen is going to go though the 3d pipe line?
I'm not really sure. The "demo video" on the Apple website doesn't put out much detail on their stuff. I'll look around for it though.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-05, 10:17 PM   #15
six_storm

Here is a quick pic of my laptop. Sorry for the crap quality, my digital camera is getting old . . .

My iBook is screaming "Quit using me so much! Go use your desktop!"
Old 03-20-05, 10:24 PM   #16
XP_GUN

DIE you APLE NOOB MiCrosOft OwNz U........... Yeah ok I dont do any of that CS s*** and I try to be funny so help me............ yeah............

Really its a nice laptop I like how they look and are well built but still cant get over how much there games cost.
Old 03-21-05, 12:13 PM   #17
six_storm

How much their games cost? What's that supposed to mean? I'd be more concerned about the actual hardware prices lol.

I've been using the crap out of my laptop. Especially since my car detailing business is starting this weekend with my good buddies Camero Z28 . I thought of a really good idea while doing car detailing:

1. Take some pics around the car (dirty).
2. Detail, obviously.
3. Take some pics around the car (clean).
4. Upload onto my iBook and show the customer the before and after pics.

About this process, I'm just cool like that haha .