Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-08-03, 09:29 AM   #1
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Default Ravenshield demo patch is out

go grab it at raven-shield.com

New map, new gameplay mode, all the bugs fixed, player speed up, frags bigger radius, ret doesnt bloom as much when moving.

Overall this patch has made the demo so much better, I had stopped playing the demo because of all the bugs.
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-03, 07:45 PM   #2
Hyper_Snyper

IMHO this stuff should have been in the first release of the demo.
i didn't like v1.0 at all. it was very different from the previous installments. the reticule has been dialed down a bit so now it plays alot more like Rogue Spear.

if you'll excuse me i gotta go back to it now...
ATI MobilityRadeon 9200 64MB
MS Windows XP Pro
Hyper_Snyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-03, 08:11 PM   #3
sonaboy
Why can't you spell?

Send a message via ICQ to sonaboy
Default ugh

this thing is just as buggy as the last one...more so, when you factor in the lagginess that comes int the form of dancing shadows in your reticle, zoom scope issues, SMOKE SPRITES (agh) and game menu screens that don't work as well as before...
back to the drawing board UBI.
....still a fun game though.
Old 01-10-03, 09:24 AM   #4
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Default Re: ugh

Quote:
Originally posted by sonaboy
this thing is just as buggy as the last one...more so, when you factor in the lagginess that comes int the form of dancing shadows in your reticle, zoom scope issues, SMOKE SPRITES (agh) and game menu screens that don't work as well as before...
back to the drawing board UBI.
....still a fun game though.
I think thqt is due ,ore to your system, not the demo!
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Old 01-12-03, 11:44 AM   #5
sonaboy
Why can't you spell?

Default Re: Re: ugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey
I think thqt is due ,ore to your system, not the demo!
I seriously doubt it genius.
Most of the things i listed were code errors. i.e. - new weapon switching errors, shadow/clipping errors, and game search screen bugginess.
Old 01-12-03, 02:59 PM   #6
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Default Re: Re: Re: ugh

Quote:
Originally posted by sonaboy
I seriously doubt it genius.
Most of the things i listed were code errors. i.e. - new weapon switching errors, shadow/clipping errors, and game search screen bugginess.
Is that how you speak to everyone? Go look on the RVS forums then smart @ss and tell me how many people are getting the same errors as you? Generally if I am having problems with a game, Ill look at the games forum and see if other people are having the same problems. I have yet to read of anyone other than you getting smoke sprites or shadow/clipping errors.

I do get this though, just before I crash, I dont think its the demo, just my Duron cant take it!

Old 01-13-03, 11:17 AM   #7
sonaboy
Why can't you spell?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ugh

Quote:
Is that how you speak to everyone? Go look on the RVS forums then smart @ss and tell me how many people are getting the same errors as you? Generally if I am having problems with a game, Ill look at the games forum and see if other people are having the same problems. I have yet to read of anyone other than you getting smoke sprites or shadow/clipping errors.

I do get this though, just before I crash, I dont think its the demo, just my Duron cant take it!
It's the demo.
And i've heard other people have lots of probs with the demo. They talk about it while in game.
Still get floating clip errors, shadow errors, etc.
I've been playing comp games for years. i know the diff between a game glitch and a system error.
Old 01-13-03, 01:40 PM   #8
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Im happy for you that you think you know enough about computers to know the difference, then you would also know that if it was a game that was the problem, then everyone would have the same problems right? Now when we see that not everyone, far from it, dont get the errors you are talking about, then you start to look at your pc as the cause, not the game

Old 01-13-03, 02:40 PM   #9
sonaboy
Why can't you spell?

Quote:
Im happy for you that you think you know enough about computers to know the difference, then you would also know that if it was a game that was the problem, then everyone would have the same problems right? Now when we see that not everyone, far from it, dont get the errors you are talking about, then you start to look at your pc as the cause, not the game
I just said many times people have the same problems..and we all don't have the same computers.
why do you keep saying this demo isn't buggy? it IS. it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. people get stuck on ladders, sometimes the zoom reticle doesn't work, sometimes other players walk on air, grenades and clips are left floating in the air. are you saying that you've been playing it the whole time like i have and never noticed anything like that?
Those aren't individual system errors..those are code bugs.
I play UT2003 all the time. I never get any errors. It's the same engine, i use the same computer. difference? It's been DEBUGGED to work great on systems that have enough resources to run it.