Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-19-05, 02:08 PM   #25
ynnek

Default Re: Next Gen Console Games Jump to $60

As long as they are quality games, I won't mind too much.. Yea, it sucks, but what are you going to do? not buy and play them?

This makes me more hesitant though on games "on the fence".. As in I'm not sure if I'm going ot get or not.. I hate buying a game, then after an hour or three afterwards, realize I hate it, and just threw $50 down the drain.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 05:20 AM   #26
gram_vaz
Cybersix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
What? Video Games have always been $50.
not an old time gamer, eh? it was regular for a game to cost $60-80 back in the day. these prices carried on up until the n64gen which saw the price level down to $50.

my spoiled cousin would always have a snes game bought for him every couple of weeks or so. my aunt would pick us up from school and often we stopped by the mall because my cousin wanted a new game. i couldn't believe what my aunt would pay for games for him... i remember one occasion a micky mouse game(magical quest) cost $80.00. i was a little envious also... spoiled brat...
gram_vaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 07:04 AM   #27
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnek
This makes me more hesitant though on games "on the fence".. As in I'm not sure if I'm going ot get or not.. I hate buying a game, then after an hour or three afterwards, realize I hate it, and just threw $50 down the drain.
Then just go to Blockbuster and rent them. Better to spend $6 on a game and decide you hate it than $50.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 10:54 AM   #28
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gram_vaz
not an old time gamer, eh? it was regular for a game to cost $60-80 back in the day. these prices carried on up until the n64gen which saw the price level down to $50.

my spoiled cousin would always have a snes game bought for him every couple of weeks or so. my aunt would pick us up from school and often we stopped by the mall because my cousin wanted a new game. i couldn't believe what my aunt would pay for games for him... i remember one occasion a micky mouse game(magical quest) cost $80.00. i was a little envious also... spoiled brat...
Man where do you people live? Most of my massive NES/GEN/SNES/ALL of my PSX collection cost me right around 50 a pop with a few exceptions here and there. I don't recall ever paying $80 for a game, probabley because I wouldn't...hell, couldn't, not when I was jobless back then.

Maybe the LA black market helped keeped game prices down over here or something.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote