Other 6 12.50%
Who needs MMORPG's when you have a penis??!! 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-05, 12:27 PM   #13
Ninja Prime

Default Re: EQ2, WOW, other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
As opposed to not being able to even connect to the server, server lag, etc with WOW? :P (No I'm not being biased, no I dont play WOW, just going off of ChrisRay's Review )

On a serious note, How about an MMORPG subforum Jakup?!?
I don't think Chris has played since Feb. because that was the last time I recall those problems existing. EQ2 problems are still rampant and some of them are in fact, parts of the game.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 06:46 PM   #14
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime
I don't think Chris has played since Feb. because that was the last time I recall those problems existing. EQ2 problems are still rampant and some of them are in fact, parts of the game.

I have been playing both WoW and EQ 2 for the last month :P When I started writing my comparison I was bored cuz I couldnt login to WoW.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 06:55 PM   #15
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Eq2 got me hoocked.
As long as that station exchange crap stays on new servers im going to keep playing for my guild and with my friends.

The things i like with Eq2 is that it takes time to play and it takes time to master. The economy is nice and since most items are removed from the game after you have used them or out lvl'd them it keeps the economy going. (talking about attuning items, didnt like the idea at first but its actually quite nice when you think about it)
Loads of quests and good lore

It's too bad the gfx hardware isnt used more then it is in the game. Perhaps we would have seen better performance on mid range machines.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 06:59 PM   #16
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by EciDemon
Eq2 got me hoocked.
As long as that station exchange crap stays on new servers im going to keep playing for my guild and with my friends.

The things i like with Eq2 is that it takes time to play and it takes time to master. The economy is nice and since most items are removed from the game after you have used them or out lvl'd them it keeps the economy going. (talking about attuning items, didnt like the idea at first but its actually quite nice when you think about it)
Loads of quests and good lore

It's too bad the gfx hardware isnt used more then it is in the game. Perhaps we would have seen better performance on mid range machines.

I would just like to point out. That the attuned items are exactly like Soulbind in WoW. item dispertion is very similar in EQ 2 and WoW.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 07:02 PM   #17
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Hey thats cool. things like that is important to keep the economy going.
*looks at the games bro is playing, knights online and Kal online*
Yep very important indeed.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 08:14 PM   #18
nrdstrm

For EQ2 does anyone know a list of wepons that can hit named mobs? My 45 zerker can't hit a raid mob for the life of him. I think they have to be imbued or something? Not posative though..
Thanks!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 10:52 AM   #19
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I like my penis
Old 05-13-05, 12:35 PM   #20
killahsin

nrdstrm certain mobs have certain resists, some slashing piercing etc etc. Get yourself a legendary weapon and you'll hit thats for sure.
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-05, 01:01 PM   #21
nrdstrm

Vamp...I'm sure you like your penis, but how is that going to help me kill raid mobs?...Wait...please dont answer that! ROFL :P

Kill...Thanks man..Guess it's time to spend some gold and get me a legendary weapon. I noobed big time the other night, forgot I use slashing and bought a nice crushing weapon. Fortunately it was only 11G and I sold it to Vendor for 3G so only 8 gold loss, but it still stung...lol
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-05, 03:09 AM   #22
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
Vamp...I'm sure you like your penis, but how is that going to help me kill raid mobs?...Wait...please dont answer that! ROFL :P
Hmmm... might be more SWG but here is an explaination:

Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 09:22 AM   #23
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

"Who needs MMORPGs when you have a penis"

What the Fukc?

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 05:07 AM   #24
mcolbourn
Time waits for no man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos
"Who needs MMORPGs when you have a penis"

What the Fukc?

I like that, btw I like WoW, but I have not played EQ2 (I have only seen it running).