Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-26-05, 06:08 AM   #13
npras42
Hi Everybody!

Default Re: The reason you shouldn't believe console PR hype at E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
No games were shown running a PS3 because PS3 does not yet exist. It is pure hypeware at this time. Can I just run a game on my current PC and say it's emulating a super leet console that I'll be designing? lol

PS3 was a paper launch, no more no less. Forming an opinion on E3 is retarded. PS2's emotion engine simulates real human emotions too right? Keep eating the **** shoveled down your throats. I'll be laughing when the real PS3 shows up and is 1/3 what they promised. Remember how the PS2 was going to have Final Fantasy movie quality graphics in real time? LOL! They did this the last time, and you're all falling for it again.

Microsoft's press seems to be the real McCoy. It looks legit and feasable. They aren't talking about it creating "phenomenons" inside the computer like Sony. I'd call that a bug!
XBOX 360 was a paper launch too then as no games were actually running on XBOX 360 hardware! Fine, I agree with you that Sony are over-hyping the technology, but you have no reason to believe that XBOX games will even be of the quality they showed either, because their chips and cards are just as much 'vaporware'.

Anandtech already showed that the playable demos at E3 had XBOX360s in the front but had MACs hidden round the back.
npras42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 09:04 AM   #14
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
PS3 was a paper launch, no more no less. Forming an opinion on E3 is retarded.

Microsoft's press seems to be the real McCoy. It looks legit and feasable. They aren't talking about it creating "phenomenons" inside the computer like Sony. I'd call that a bug!
Hmm and you aren't basing your opinion on the e3? :P You can't even say that "Microsoft's press seems to be the real McCoy" when the console doesn't yet exist! You said that yourself! I'll buy 'em both so I'm not going to take sides like *hrrmhmm* steeda *hrrrhhmm*...
Old 05-26-05, 11:26 AM   #15
|MaguS|

Um, The 6800 series was a HUGE leap over the FX series, not 4x the performance but easily double.
Old 05-26-05, 02:46 PM   #16
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
I really find it hard to believe that these new chipsets will outperform Ultras in SLI, that would be a HUGE jump in performance from one generation to the next, that is saying that the processing power of a single graphics card will be 4 times greater than that of the previous generation. We haven't seen a leap like that before, I'll believe it when I see it.
Yeah, but I don't think that the g70 will outperform two 6800Ultras, but I'm quite sure the RSX will(this is only my opinion). It will work more effectivly than the 6800's in SLi.
Old 05-26-05, 05:24 PM   #17
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Both companies will act like companies, if you expect anything else you're a flaming idiot that needs to be removed from the gene pool.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 03:30 AM   #18
havox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
yup ^
and steeda, im pretty sure xbox360 e3 stuff was runnin on macs.

They were running XBox360 on Dual G5 mac with R300 chip lol!! (vaporware as well) :P

Xbox Blogcast MP3
2x Corsair CMX512-3200C2PL
3x SATA WD74GB Raptor on raid 0
Antec 550w TP
Windows XP pro SP2
havox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 02:28 PM   #19
Athena
spirit filled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
I really find it hard to believe that these new chipsets will outperform Ultras in SLI, that would be a HUGE jump in performance from one generation to the next, that is saying that the processing power of a single graphics card will be 4 times greater than that of the previous generation. We haven't seen a leap like that before, I'll believe it when I see it.
Try Saturn to Dreamcast

One thing I do wonder about, if all the games are HD will they even run on older TVs? I would guess they would and if that is true then most of these games will end up getting played on a standard TV. Will all that potential resolution pretty much go to waste?
Old 06-01-05, 02:31 PM   #20
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena
Try Saturn to Dreamcast

One thing I do wonder about, if all the games are HD will they even run on older TVs? I would guess they would and if that is true then most of these games will end up getting played on a standard TV. Will all that potential resolution pretty much go to waste?
Yep. It will just be in good ol' 480i for most people.

Old 06-02-05, 07:59 PM   #21
npras42
Hi Everybody!

Well, if they have VGA cable compatibility, then that might not be entirely true. I really wouldnt mind playing XBOX360 or PS3 on my PC monitor. Others might though (thinking that consoles are taking over the PC scene or whatever other paranoid notions they have)!
npras42 is offline   Reply With Quote