Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-17-05, 02:45 AM   #1
raphael kasa

Unhappy Help!Help!When i install linux8.0,it talk me that can not fount harddisk!!

When i install linux8.0,it talk me that can not fount harddisk!! I use sata harddisk!!!!
raphael kasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-05, 04:32 AM   #2
Lithorus

Default Re: Help!Help!When i install linux8.0,it talk me that can not fount harddisk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael kasa
When i install linux8.0,it talk me that can not fount harddisk!! I use sata harddisk!!!!
You gotta love these.
"Linux8.0"? What on earth are you talking about?
I especially love the lack of information and the fact that there is absolutely no evidence of any relations to nvidia at all in that post.

If you really want some help, post in an appropiate forum and give more information.
Lithorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-05, 08:31 AM   #3
a7v

Default Re: Help!Help!When i install linux8.0,it talk me that can not fount harddisk!!

As far as I know the current linux kernel has support for all widely available SATA controllers so this problem is solvable.

You need an install disk with a module supporting your SATA controller. Sometimes there are extra modules that can be loaded during the installation, try loading those. The exact method depends on what linux distribution (Red Hat, SuSE, Slackware, Gentoo, Debian to name a few) you are trying to install.

If you can't find a forum dedicated to your distribution try http://www.linuxquestions.org.
This forum is for Nvidia users (and a few Nvidia employees) to help each other regarding the use of Nvidia unix drivers.
a7v is offline   Reply With Quote