Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-28-05, 07:47 AM   #1
No--Name

Default dumb question on nView

Yeah well, I've searched all over this forum, and saw there might be somewhere some kinda nView/TwinView version for Linux? That's all I could make up from the other posts, the rest was getting too expert for me

So...I've a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 and run Slackware 10.1, and I'd like to know whether there's a program like nView that runs on Linux; so I can enabe dualscreen, clone the screen etc. on my TV. It works fine using nView in XP.
Anyone knows such a program and has a lil' link? This might be a very dumb question and answers might be littered all over the place, but couldn't make up anything from the other posts on this forum probably containing an answer.

Thanks in advance.
No--Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-05, 03:07 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: dumb question on nView

No--Name,
The nvidia Linux driver does have a control panel of sorts, nvidia-settings, however it does not currently allow you to make the types of X configuration changes you are alluding to.

You will need to edit your xorg.conf or XF86Config file to setup TwinView and/or Xinerama, if you wish to have a multi-headed setup under X. The NVIDIA driver README ( /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README.txt ) provides instructions on how to setup TwinView. Setting up Xinerama is not nvidia driver specific.

If you're having problems please generate and attach an nvidia-bug-report.log for review.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote