Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-03-05, 01:39 PM   #1
softypopty

Default Warning! Benchmarking stresses components. Some components may fail if they ...

Warning! Benchmarking stresses components. Some components may fail if they have any weaknesses.

i know its funny to ask this but i anyway ask this if can damage benchmark of SiSoftware Sandra your hardware...? i must to be sure thanks
softypopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 01:48 PM   #2
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Default Re: Warning! Benchmarking stresses components. Some components may fail if they ...

I have never damaged anything by benchmarking...

Now, I have damaged something by dropping a screwdriver on it while it was on though.
Old 09-03-05, 02:40 PM   #3
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle
Default Re: Warning! Benchmarking stresses components. Some components may fail if they ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
I have never damaged anything by benchmarking...

Now, I have damaged something by dropping a screwdriver on it while it was on though.
I broke my cold cathode by looking for a screw inside my case. It took me 20 mins to get it out. But not by benchmarking.
Old 09-05-05, 12:57 PM   #4
wnd
Nerd, Geek, Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by softypopty
Warning! Benchmarking stresses components. Some components may fail if they have any weaknesses.

--- ask this if can damage benchmark of SiSoftware Sandra your hardware...?
Like you said, Some components may fail if they have any weaknesses. If your hardware has all sorts or powersaving modes from CPU frequency and voltage dropping to shutting down harddrives, barely sufficient ventilation (bad/failing fans, tons of dust and cat hair), and your system is already stretching the limits of your worn-out power supply, firing up dual (with dual core if possible) Pentium 4 (whatever is the most power-hungry model) system to full load (burnCPU) along with set of harddrives and fast optical medias, all while running intensive 3D-rendering with your dual 6800 GTX (or something) can cause all sort of trouble from crashing to overheating and literally your system setting to fire. Just keep your case dust-free, make sure you have proper cooling and sufficient and good quality power supply and you should be just fine.

Christianity, noun: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. [mad.frog]
wnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 01:36 PM   #5
softypopty

thanks for your help people!! now i know better.
softypopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-05, 04:38 AM   #6
killahsin

I blew up a video card showing it to my friend once almost a decade ago. He was standing on a nice rug. Needless to say when i put it back in it looked like lighting shot around my computer when i turned it on. Didn't have time to benchmark it though so.....
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-05, 02:31 PM   #7
retsam

some guy in here once got to ...well...lets just say excited about his 6800u and well did his buisness on it....i guess thats one way of stressing your components.
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote