Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-17-05, 06:49 PM   #37
slick
Play with conviction.

Default Re: A bunch of *worrying* new Oblivion screens

True UE3 was running off a PC at E3, that was a dev kit with Dual 2.5Ghz G5's and Two 6800U's, it's also true that the engine was optimized (to a degree) for that setup at that point in time too. I might be wrong, but I find it very difficult to believe that a current PC could run GoW *well* at the quality it is at on the 360 right now. I would say it's safe to assume that UE3 will run beautifully on nVidia's 8xxx series, should it support DX10. PGR3 probably could run on something similar to a 7800GTX, maybe SLI'd *if* you wrote directly for it. If the game was running off an engine designed for all cards and PC's in mind, that would still be a dream.
Old 10-17-05, 09:27 PM   #38
Ruined

I saw the latest X360 Oblivion trailer at Digitalife last Sunday and it looked spectacular. I think you are forgetting how horribly poor Morrowind looks in comparison.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-05, 06:59 AM   #39
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
I saw the latest X360 Oblivion trailer at Digitalife last Sunday and it looked spectacular. I think you are forgetting how horribly poor Morrowind looks in comparison.
If you had seen those screenshot the russian site had, believe me: many of them looked just like Morrowind.
XFX 9600GSO 384MB
Little freak wonder
msxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-05, 07:41 AM   #40
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msxyz
I wonder if this is a truly "next gen" title with graphics that look on par with the 3 years old Morrowind. From a year 2k5 game I expect much more. The texture resolution is shameful.
Actually it looks just like a next gen title. The XB 360 only has 512 meg of ram, and the PS3 only has 256 meg. So they crappified the texture resolution so it will fit on the "next gen" consoles.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-05, 09:12 AM   #41
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
True UE3 was running off a PC at E3, that was a dev kit with Dual 2.5Ghz G5's and Two 6800U's, it's also true that the engine was optimized (to a degree) for that setup at that point in time too. I might be wrong, but I find it very difficult to believe that a current PC could run GoW *well* at the quality it is at on the 360 right now. I would say it's safe to assume that UE3 will run beautifully on nVidia's 8xxx series, should it support DX10. PGR3 probably could run on something similar to a 7800GTX, maybe SLI'd *if* you wrote directly for it. If the game was running off an engine designed for all cards and PC's in mind, that would still be a dream.

Man, Again your spouting off complete crap. UE3 was running on two different systems at E3, One for the Tech Demo for various games (system wasn't dedicated to UE3 Only), This system had an FX CPU and a Dual 6800U setup (GoW was ran off this aswell) and another behind closed doors demo was also running an FX CPU with a single 6800U. The single card system ran the game perfectly, fast and smooth. Looked as good as all the videos and demos we have seen.

We had a video of GoW running on the SLi setup (I think we do) and it ran flawless, it was also someone playing rather then a rolling demo that we are use to so we know the game would run very well if released on PC.
Old 10-18-05, 10:34 AM   #42
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
I'm pretty sure that the 360 already has some stuff running on it that no PC could, regardless of how much it costs. Namely PGR3 and GoW.
I think a state of the art PC can pull off anything the new consoles can.
Catch is that PC games arent written for the state of the art hardware, while Console games are written for a specific level of hardware, and pushes it as far as it can go.
So in "real life" the consoles might have a graphics edge for a while, atleast until the "next gen engines" like UE3.0 etc powered games start showing up, running those in highest quality will prolly put it level with consoles..
speculative at best tho..